Delete our post?

Joe C

Golden Master
Why can we not delete our posts? At least give someone 24hrs to decide if they posted something that they changed their mind on about making a post. Is this place so paranoid that someone will delete something so valuable that it will affect this place????

I don't know about a delete option as my choices are different than most obviously. If the 24 hour edit window is still there you can delete the contents and either PM me or report the post and ask it to be deleted.

I can only delete the contents but not the post itself in a 24 hr edit option so posts will look stuupid with just a * or something like that. Besides...we do not get a 24hr edit to begin with. I made a post around 9:00 am today and the Edit option is already gone

I was able to make the changes. I set it to 12 hours for registered members with more than five posts, and 24 hours for senior members (5000+ posts). We combined some usergroups when the forums were merged or I would have made some more differentiation in there. I also added the ability to delete your own posts but I will keep an eye on it to see if it is a good idea or not as some people prefer to abuse any privilege given.

Back
Top Bottom