Degree or Certification II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merlin

Daemon Poster
I am sure I have probably put this in the wrong forum, so Mods please point me in the right direction

What I would like to know is what is, I am planning on going to college to study computer programming, VB and C++ for now I suppose..... I would also like to take some courses in and see if I like Computer Assisted Design and Web Design.

What is the difference between a certification and degree and which one should I get? Some friend of mine has been asking me repeatedly and I keep telling them I don't know yet I haven't looked into that stuff yet, so I will skip the research and ask you guys right now point blank

Please help:p

Hey look at that, there is a whole forum devoted to this thread:p

Thank you and please someone help me:(

the degree is going to be more in depth, take a longer time and cost more. however it will be easier to get jobs with a degree.

a certification however, is short and doesn't take that much time. this is if you want to have something on the side, like a back up plan or something to impress your employers about your resume.

degrees are often difficult to complete if you have other activities such as a job or another schooling. degrees are better if you want to go into the area. the certification is better if you want a back up plan.

xotix said:
the degree is going to be more in depth, take a longer time and cost more. however it will be easier to get jobs with a degree.

a certification however, is short and doesn't take that much time. this is if you want to have something on the side, like a back up plan or something to impress your employers about your resume.

degrees are often difficult to complete if you have other activities such as a job or another schooling. degrees are better if you want to go into the area. the certification is better if you want a back up plan.

Ahh ok, so since Programming is plan A I should get a degree in that and then maybe a certifcation in web design or CAD?:) Super thanks;) :D

the guy has a plan A. let him follow it. wats working a job if u don't like it, thats stupid.

merlin follow your mind, do what you want a nuh listen to nobody.

xotix said:
the guy has a plan A. let him follow it. wats working a job if u don't like it, thats stupid.

merlin follow your mind, do what you want a nuh listen to nobody.

Double posting... Again...

BTW, just so you know, you'll have a higher chance of getting hired by a company because the webdesign field isn't too hot right now. Want to know how I know that? Because my brother does CAD and I do webdesign.

does it bother you?? different posts involve different points. its called communication skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom