Define: Waste of Time

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
All dead hardcore characters in Diablo 3

Attachments

• Screenshot011.jpg
    Screenshot011.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 25
Going through my tons of archived cartoons/anime stuff after taking a day off yesterday. Lately (last 10 years or so) US cartoons had better and more vivid action.

Waste of time, ok, so embarrassing and gladly do not play anymore and haven't for years, 365days on RS, clearly sad, but hardcore lvls? yes, I had the best :) all wasted time tho, playing games that are addictive is bad, gladly for me I no longer play games.

The 365 days was spread around 4-5years online, I made my money on the game, that's why I played it, made quite alot, got a very good reputation on another forums via RS, was a loyal player, made loads of friends, co-lead the 2nd/3rd biggest clan on the game, ''JaJa Legacy'' lost contact now since I don't play, made a video with a few friends from the clan, at the time I co-lead the clan my name was ''Biosverb'' ahh the good old days of staying up and smoking and having a laugh on skype, I do admit, I miss them days but now my age kind of shows me growing out of that life style I had.

On the vid we stand in safe zone where you can't be attacked, when I rush out I can, but that's why I press the red skull, it delays you and you can run out and attack and run back in, it was p*s$ funny, what a laugh we had, man we owned that game.

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6veHAB3FhuA

And, I had a very rare name on the game, so rare, took me about 3months getting it, lol, it was A NT, still is, am not on highscores anymore, not sure why, maybe because I'm not a member, still can login tho and still have everything..

The game?
Turd-scape

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with hardcore gaming. There are many positives to it. The friendships you can make on those games are better than most you can have in real life. People get to know the real you because you feel freer to say what you really want to and not what you feel like would be acceptable. Now, granted, if it interferes with your real life in anyway then you may have issues, but in general I don't mind gaming. I was on a private server of a game called Tales of Pirates for a very long time, 3-4 years as well. Started in college and kept playing even after it. The friendships there were real and it was always sad when someone decided it was time to quit. I haven't so much as "grown out" of the games, I just don't have the time with a wife and 2 kids and work and everything else. If I still had the time to play, I still would be.

Last edited:
Not entirely sure if there's some confusion around my original post (as many don't play D3), but the term hardcore wasn't describing my habit :)

In Diablo 3, you typically play on "Normal"... when your hero dies, and can respawn an infinite number of times.

If you check the "Hardcore" box though... well this is the warning you get:
d3_hardcore_warning.jpg

The highest level in the game is 60. The character on display in the above image was level 54, and when I had posted that screenshot, I just lost my Sevantos character, who was level 52... They all had some phenomenal gear too, which is now lost.

Agreed there was probably some confusion, but regardless, most people thinking devoting 3 or more years of time into something (like gaming) that when your done you have nothing as a 'waste of time'. Whether the character dies or you just quit the game, you're still left with nothing afterwards - expect the experience. Which sometimes is worth it anyway!

No confusion here. I don't play D3 much, but I do Torchlight2 which has the same difficulty level.

One thing that puts me down playing D3 is the lack of halt movement function by pressing shift while moving. Instead I'll have to attack to stop moving. It looks stupid to attack for no reason just to stop moving.

Agreed there was probably some confusion, but regardless, most people thinking devoting 3 or more years of time into something (like gaming) that when your done you have nothing as a 'waste of time'. Whether the character dies or you just quit the game, you're still left with nothing afterwards - expect the experience. Which sometimes is worth it anyway!

What do these people think about watching tv or reading books or going out drinking with friends? There are no tangible gains from those activities either.

Back
Top Bottom