Decks and mixer to pc help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowndski

Beta member
Hello all, I have a problem with my audio set up. I pray that someone can help me.
Ok then, my setup consists of my decks and mixer going to my line IN on my pc via the phono leads, which lead in to a phono to 3.5mm stereo adapter. Then out of my usb port is a digital audio converter which goes in to my stereo. When I play mp3's out of the pc the sound comes out of my stereo speakers but when I fire up the decks the sound comes out of my monitor speakers. WHY? Any help appreciated, cheers.

eh... very confusing post. I'll try a shot at it though...

What do you mean by monitor speakers? Professional studio monitors, or el cheapo mounted "speakers" on your PC monitor?

It sounds like the Line-in is set to be sent to the Speaker Out instead of the USB box. Did the converter come with any software?

Cheers for the reply mate but I've been told it could be due to a limitation on the dac. I think I may have it sorted now.

we need to know more specifically what you are using and trying to do.
first of all, what is "decks"? cd player? and what kind of connection do they have? Phono plug you are refering is called RCA. and 3.5mm jack is called 1/8" (stereo) here in US. and u have USB audio interfacem, i see. and what kind of connection option does ur mixer have? and u have stereo speakers and monitor speakers? or u are sayng its the same thing. this is way to confusing for us. please re-post so we can understand more.

Ok, I have two turntables (technics 1210's) wired up to my mixer (vestax pmc05) Out of the mixer (rec out) is a phono lead (rca) which I have plugged into my soundcard (line in). Out of my usb on my pc is my dac which leads into my stereo. Any sound I play out of my computer plays through my stereo speakers but anything that goes through the mixer comes out of my monitor speakers (built into the pc monitor. Basically I want to record my mixes straight onto my pc but I want to be able to hear what I'm doing through the stereo speakers rather than through the the tft speakers.

I've asked around and had this reply :
"It sounds like you may have run into a limitation of your USB digital audio converter. It probably can't take sound from the IN port on your sound card. Either that, or your sound card automatically takes anything going into the IN port and directs it to the OUT.
The easy solution, though not particularly hi-fi, is to get another mini to ____ (whatever your stereo takes) converter, and hook up your OUT port on your computer to your stereo directly, leaving the USB DAC out of the equation entirely."

Which makes sense to me but if anyone has a better solution it'd be much appreciated. Thanks for your time and apologies for the confusion.

Okay I am pretty sure your PMC05 has two sets of master outputs, and no record output. This also depends on your version #, as the 05 Pro III has 2 master outputs.

If you have an 05 Pro III just connect your stero to one pair on the main outs, and on the other set of main outs run to your PC to record. Control your speaker level on your stero, as you will need to run your mixer at 0db in order to record properly.

HOWEVER, if you are running an old 05 Pro (Which may have different outputs), please post your model.

I do apologise, I appear to have gone completely insane. I don't have a Vestax PMC05 and I never have. It's a PCV003 and it's got a rec out and a line out on the back of it. Sorry for the confusion. I just have a really bad memory.

I didnt think that mixer had two outputs, but why don't you send the record out to your PC and the line out (master) to your speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom