Decisions decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuna yes salmon no and has I have stated before I don't really want to do italian as I have done it the last couple of times. I am now reaching for either modern british with the salmon crust and combo of eurasian styles with the salmon in a bag with cous cous

get on google go to your locall libray and look at some cook books

couscous is also a good idea to go with salmon.

You could actually go with some israeli couscous to mix up a bit... most people have never had it before. Definitely goes good with salmon and asparagus.

get on google go to your locall libray and look at some cook books

Use a recipe from a book :eek: wheres the adventure and challenge in that? I use internet recipes for reference like cooking times rather then for ideas prefer just to create rather then lead

I think I have decided on the cous cous with salmon dish and If I can find some will look into different types of cous cous, to jazz it up that little bit more. I just need a nut or seed to add texture to my cous cous currently thinking quite finely sliced pinenuts that have been lightly fried.

that's why i suggested the israeli couscous, it's all about the texture with that.

Nobody could possibly hate israeli cousous... the flavor is so mild, and it feels like you're eating bouncy balls.

That was actually one of my first ideas rather then sushi I was going to make par-broiled sushi which is where they chuck it in a high heat for 30 seconds so that the outside is streaked like it had been on a barbecue and slightly carbonised whilst the inside is still raw Thats how I like my sushi. That idea failed once she said she only like fish well-cooked :(. I think I am going to lead her on a journey around the globe now with each week doing a different culinary style. So Italy (done), Middle eastern (where I am at now) then Indian (but not a heavy curry sort most girls don't really like that in my experience maybe mee goreng heavily spiced), Thai (light fresh curries like green curry and avocado salad with real fresh thai fishcakes), Indonesian/ Malay (Nasi goreng or perhaps a laksa), Vietnamese (spring rolls, spicy meats that are in sticky sauces and blanched cabbage in oyster sauce), Chinese dim sum (steamed canape type things), Brazilian (barbecued meats even some strange ones like chicken heart just say its little balls of pork ;) and fresh salads and rice), Mexican (quesildas, tortilla wraps, perhaps a chilli, lots of margheritas), American (large steak with a fresh salad or a premium hamburger), Uk, Uk, France (coq au vin), German (sweet wine with poussin), Spanish (paella with gambas pilpil), Morrocan (tangine) then finish lol. The scary thing is I didn't even realise I knew that many different dishes off the top of my head from so many areas of the globe got a bit carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom