Decisions decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
Even if your not a good cook please voice your opinion. I have a friend coming over on tuesday who I am suppose to be impressing with my culinary delights she has been over about twice so far and each time I have tried to cook something more mouthwateringly brilliant. She isn't very adventurous with her food and the list of food that she doesn't like is excessively long. Just want you opinions on what sounds more delicious or perhaps add ingrediant suggestions I want to keep it with salmon;

Salmon with a fresh coriander pesto and breadcrumb crust <---- this is open to suggestion and I may change it haven't thought about it thoroughly but it will be crust type topping for sure.
Accompanied by crushed new potatoes and baked asparagus with a touch of fresh hollondaise sauce or perhaps a dill sauce and skipping the pesto on the salmon

Salmon baked in a bag with lime, ginger, chilli and coriander <-- baking in a bag is like steaming but infusing the steam with flavours
Cous Cous with slow roasted piquanto peppers (sweet with a bit of chilli like heat), red onion and an extra ingrediant which I haven't thought of yet mixed through the cous cous.
Asparagus chargrilled in the gridle pan may accompany it as I think it needs something vege related extra but open to suggestion.

Pudding a chilled souffle (much easier then a hot one) thinking along the lines of lemon and white chocolate but that may taste a bit too mousse like

Last week it was chargrilled chicken that had been stuffed/rolled with cream cheese, garlic, thyme and shallots then sliced to make it appear the chicken is C shaped with the filling in the centre and fettuccine with shiitake mushrooms.

I like the first salmon dish. The bag idea is good. I like tin foil on the bbq. When do I get dinner?

When you grow a V, long blonde hair and green eyes with other assets or you crash at mine after a party then its raid the fridge at 5am kinda cooking. Although drunken 5 am cooking might sound disgusting I sometimes go into msterchef overdive mode when I am drunk last time it was seafood pasta with a mernee sauce and some mushroom similar to shiitake. Only problem was it had a large quantity of magners in which added an interesting flavour twist. Its fun when I do that as I don't remember a thing crawl down to the kitchen and lunch is ready :D

lets see green eyes check darn darn darn well 1 out of 4 is not bad. But seriously it sounds like you are a fabulous cook. If you can cook half as good as you build computers you are in.

How about some Italian?

I find that most women love italian food...and it sets the mood just right with some soft music and the lights dimmed, as well as some lit candles.

Matter of fact you can add the salmon dish right on top of some spaghetti, with some garlic bread on the side.

Did italian last week ;) with the chicken and pasta and the week before I did a Mornay sauce with seafood and tagiatelli with some garlic bread. So want to move away from Italian, however I agree rican pasta simple quick easy and impressive nice salmon fillet on top I would say is a bit peculiar due to the salmon being quite an oily and strong flavoured fish the subtle flavours of ginger and chilli may get lost with the carb delight that is fresh egg pasta.

When you grow a V, long blonde hair and green eyes with other assets or you crash at mine after a party then its raid the fridge at 5am kinda cooking. Although drunken 5 am cooking might sound disgusting I sometimes go into msterchef overdive mode when I am drunk last time it was seafood pasta with a mernee sauce and some mushroom similar to shiitake. Only problem was it had a large quantity of magners in which added an interesting flavour twist. Its fun when I do that as I don't remember a thing crawl down to the kitchen and lunch is ready :D

lol sounds like me after hitting up on some majic grass lol. a while back i had a friend here and we had some AAA striploins in the fridge i i cookedt hem up medium rare and made some roasted potatoes to match. also it was what inspired me to make the food of theg ods thread in the first place after having a fun endebour and making bacon grill cheese sandwhiches :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom