Decent Graphics Card For This Desktop?

JD3V3N3Y

Solid State Member
So I'm currently working my way up to build a good gaming desktop, but in the meantime, I have an old computer from my mom's work that I would like to upgrade a bit so I'm not stuck with gaming on my laptop.
Anyway, here's the specs. My budget is probably about $50-$60, but if it really matters, I guess I can go up a bit...

-CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
-RAM: 2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (Planning on upgrading this a bit -too!)
-MB: Intel Corporation DG31PR (J3E1)
-GFX: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Thanks!

Here are some that I found that might be compatible:
-GeForce 210

Playing Skyrim on my Phenom II X4 925 and HD5770 is a bit of a struggle, I doubt that would be up to that caliber

but for most games it should be alright-ish.

I don't play skyrim anymore, got boring.. not my type of game but I didn't have any problems, my pc is crap.. 2gb ram, amd 6,000 x2 dual core 3ghz, 3870 hd, can't even overclock lol, my motherboards locked..

when I played skyrim I do admit I played window mode and hid the task bar, it didn't lag, I turned settings down , medium texture and low for the other 2 options, and the fade of things was fine.. i didn't play it high

I also run my graphics card fan at 100% and reduces all my lag, if i left it at 50% I can see skyrim does freeze every 20seconds.. I fixed this by installing rivatuner and just setting up a fan profile for max fans when it goes high temp.. always around 40c when playing

standard clock settings

I'm also on xp, I have no anti virus running or ANY applications and always set skyrim to high priority when I did play it.. maybe that's what your missing?

Back
Top Bottom