debt elimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
Thought this might be worth a shot.

Does anybody know of any credit card elimination programs or companies that are not a scam?

I found one that I got info off of and it sounded good, but I don't trust it. I checked the better buisness bureau on them had they hed like 320 complaints filed against them.

I googled others and get more warnings of scams then actually anything useful.

Just wondering if any one had any real experience in this?

call your credit card company and see what they know. I currently refuse to get a credit card, but I'm pretty sure that the major ones offer some sort of help, or know companies that would help.

General.

I expected an answer like that from you. I currently am. But with the service fees it seems like it will take forever.

sw1tchfx:

Diddn't think of that. i just assumed they probably would rather get as much interest out of you as they could. But worth a shot thanks.

wicked23 said:
General.

I expected an answer like that from you. I currently am. But with the service fees it seems like it will take forever.

sw1tchfx:

Diddn't think of that. i just assumed they probably would rather get as much interest out of you as they could. But worth a shot thanks.

If you just make the minimum payments, then you'll never get out of it. You just need to budget yourself, but back on spending as much as you possibly can. Make as big of payments as you can. It'll be gone soon enough, and when it is you'll have lots of credit to blow on a bunch of bagel bites from Costco. :D

But what I said in my previous post wasn't just cynicism ... those companies exist "to make money" not "to help people" ... the best way to get help is to help yourself. :)

Also what helped me out was to take the stupid card out of my wallet. Maybe give it to a spouse or parent so you won't be tempted to gather more debt.

The General said:
If you just make the minimum payments, then you'll never get out of it. You just need to budget yourself, but back on spending as much as you possibly can. Make as big of payments as you can. It'll be gone soon enough, and when it is you'll have lots of credit to blow on a bunch of bagel bites from Costco. :D

But what I said in my previous post wasn't just cynicism ... those companies exist "to make money" not "to help people" ... the best way to get help is to help yourself. :)

Yeah I know. I'm just frustrated. Me and my new wife are wanting to start a family but it seems impossible to afford kids with this debt.

I was just looking for a quick way out. i guess only time cures all problems. Thanks.

wicked23 said:
Yeah I know. I'm just frustrated. Me and my new wife are wanting to start a family but it seems impossible to afford kids with this debt.

I was just looking for a quick way out. i guess only time cures all problems. Thanks.

Only thing else I could tell you is to try the Lottery, or take a trip to Vegas when you're feeling lucky. :p

Here's how you do it as told to me by a debt consolidation expert. Take an extra $50 or $100 per month and add it to the minimum payment of your highest interest rate card. Pay the minimums on the rest. When card 1 is paid off, take what you were paying on card 1, add it to the minimum for the next highest rate card, and so on. This only works if you aren't piling more on the thing. You are out a little extra but you get used to it after the first few months. And after the first card is paid off, you aren't out any more money than you were spending.
Example:
card 1 balance $5000. Minimum $100. you pay $150
card 2 balance $5000. Minimum $100. you pay $100
card 3 balance $2000. Minimum $75. you pay $75
total: $325/ month

After card one is paid off:
card 2 balance $whatever. minimum $100 you pay $250
card 3 balance $whatever. minimum $75. you pay $75
total: $325/month

after card 2 is paid off:
card 3 balance $whatever. minimum $75 you pay $325

It works. I used it on my debt and was very close to being debt free but divorce came along and blew it all out of the water. You can be debt free in just a few years, house, car, cards, everything. For only about $50 more per month.

superdave1984 said:
Here's how you do it as told to me by a debt consolidation expert. Take an extra $50 or $100 per month and add it to the minimum payment of your highest interest rate card. Pay the minimums on the rest. When card 1 is paid off, take what you were paying on card 1, add it to the minimum for the next highest rate card, and so on. This only works if you aren't piling more on the thing. You are out a little extra but you get used to it after the first few months. And after the first card is paid off, you aren't out any more money than you were spending.
Example:
card 1 balance $5000. Minimum $100. you pay $150
card 2 balance $5000. Minimum $100. you pay $100
card 3 balance $2000. Minimum $75. you pay $75
total: $325/ month

After card one is paid off:
card 2 balance $whatever. minimum $100 you pay $250
card 3 balance $whatever. minimum $75. you pay $75
total: $325/month

after card 2 is paid off:
card 3 balance $whatever. minimum $75 you pay $325

It works. I used it on my debt and was very close to being debt free but divorce came along and blew it all out of the water. You can be debt free in just a few years, house, car, cards, everything. For only about $50 more per month.

Yeah I read that alot in my research. It seems to be the only legit way to do it. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom