Debate: Human Cloning- Your thoughts/Ides?

I don't think its right at all. Even with sheep or any other living creature. Its moraly wrong. How would you feel if you grew up knowing you came out of a test tube? My son/daughter that's on their way is going to have to live with knowing they were because of a rape (remember that whole other thread), and I know how hard that is to get over. But being born WITHOUT biological, traditional, parents?? That's easily twice as bad.
Thank about that. Would you like not having a traditional family, being manufactured in a laboratory? Its morally wrong on so many levels...

And thats only the tip of the iceberg.
Inbreeding is frowned upon because it makes physical or mental disorders worse. Cloning, as far as I'd be willing to guess, would cause similar problems. If I had a physical illness that ran in my family, so would my clone. Asthma, allergies, hereditary diseases of any kind. Think about how weak it would make the human race. there would be a perfect 100% chance of these being carried over to the so-called "offspring".

Overpopulation is already beginning to be a problem in some parts of the world. Think about how much worse this would get if humans were created like that, AS WELL as normal reproduction!!?? In about 50 years time if it were common practice, population spikes would get even worse out of control in already densely population countries like China...

Cloning? Naah, I think I'll pass. ;)

It's still a life either way.

how in the HELL is that taking a life...

"It's not practical to use right now, but it might be in a few years. This is truly the Holy Grail -- to be able to take a few cells from a patient -- say a cheek swab or few skin cells -- and turn them into stem cells in the laboratory."

Cloning? Really? To clone would be closer to what we call now "The future". To clone will be a technological advancement. To clone a sheep is easy. But a human, with its own Brain? With a Brain like ours? That is amazing. The only problem is exploitation. I dont want another Hitler.

I don't think its right at all. Even with sheep or any other living creature. Its moraly wrong. How would you feel if you grew up knowing you came out of a test tube? My son/daughter that's on their way is going to have to live with knowing they were because of a rape (remember that whole other thread), and I know how hard that is to get over. But being born WITHOUT biological, traditional, parents?? That's easily twice as bad.
Thank about that. Would you like not having a traditional family, being manufactured in a laboratory? Its morally wrong on so many levels...

Ummm, don't tell them...

And thats only the tip of the iceberg.
Inbreeding is frowned upon because it makes physical or mental disorders worse. Cloning, as far as I'd be willing to guess, would cause similar problems. If I had a physical illness that ran in my family, so would my clone. Asthma, allergies, hereditary diseases of any kind. Think about how weak it would make the human race. there would be a perfect 100% chance of these being carried over to the so-called "offspring".
that's such a limited view of genes and their role, and why inbreeding is so frowned upon.

Also I fail to see why, by cloning A person you're reducing the size of the gene pool and causing genetic abnormalities.

yes, if you killed everyone else on earth and just left a planet filled with clones from just two, then you might run into issues, but with the billions of people on earth I think that there is plenty of genetic material left.

Overpopulation is already beginning to be a problem in some parts of the world. Think about how much worse this would get if humans were created like that, AS WELL as normal reproduction!!?? In about 50 years time if it were common practice, population spikes would get even worse out of control in already densely population countries like China...

Cloning? Naah, I think I'll pass. ;)
you honestly think that in a country where there is a one couple one child policy they would also allow cloning?

most people decide to have children, most people decide when they'd had enough children, hence a couple decides that they want three kids, and they get three kids.

I don't see why couples would magically decide to have ten kids because 7 of them could be cloned.

Well from what I've read I came to a conclusion. The extraction of stem cells from an embryo requires its destruction. In other words, it requires that a human life be killed!

How about a newborns umbilical cord? That wont kill anything, and it has a bunch of stem cells.

Well from what I've read I came to a conclusion. The extraction of stem cells from an embryo requires its destruction. In other words, it requires that a human life be killed!

Read the article i posted eslfish...

i know Embryonic Stem Cell Research kills a "life"..

but the article i Posted, and Quoted, Does NOT take a life when doing Stem Cell Research..

You have a good point there.

...this is slightly turning into a debate on stem cell research, isnt it?

As Root has stated, Stem Cells do not only come from the embryo. There are many sources. Google Adult Stem Cells.

Back
Top Bottom