Debate: Human Cloning- Your thoughts/Ides?

eslfish

Fully Optimized
Title says it all, a friend and I are doing a debate in public speaking on Human Cloning. I just need your opinions/thoughts/ideas/debate about this topic.

I am just getting some info so I can get led in a direction. Our teacher will chose what side that we get (either for or against)

Therapeutic cloning is OK. Cloning an entire human, on the other hand, is a bit weird IMO. There might be some cases where it's a good idea, but if the technology existed, it would probably be exploited by a country like North Korea to make a super-human army of doom!

I don't agree with it. Messing around with a sheep for an experiment is one thing, messing around with humans is another.

When they cloned the sheep a few years back, they ended up with a fair few dead sheep which came from unsuccessful attempts first. I wouldn't want to see that happening to a human.

I don't agree with it. Messing around with a sheep for an experiment is one thing, messing around with humans is another.

When they cloned the sheep a few years back, they ended up with a fair few dead sheep which came from unsuccessful attempts first. I wouldn't want to see that happening to a human.

I agree :p

I agree as well. I am not for it, I don't wanna clone my dead grandpa back. It won't even be the same person as far with looks but personality it won't be the same. No one person will ever be the same...and just making them look the same is just wrong (unless they are twins) messing with humans is a bad choice.

I think they should explore human cloning to it's full potential. Not so much cloning whole humans (which I wouldn't be against in order to perfect the process), but more like cloning specific body parts for transplant purposes.

The weird thing is, if you could make an exact duplicate of someone, they wouldn't be the same in the mind, even if they were 100% the same genetically. Especially if they were grown up in different situations/environments.

Back
Top Bottom