Dear Lord Help Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Ok, I posted awhile back about how I was gonna build my buddy a comp. Well, all the parts came today and I have it assembled....I think. LOL

Here's the deal. All the lights come on and fans work, but nothing is loading. My screen stays blank. I havent 'installed' any software yet, but should I be able to get to BIOS still?

Also, my optical drives will work one minute, then the next time I turn the comp off/on they wont. What's the deal? Help me guys. I wanna get this thing working.

Thanks.

Basically, this.

PSU-- PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI.

Mobo--Asus A8N SLI.

CPU--X2 4400.

Ram--OCZ 2x1gig.

HDD-- Seagate 2x250gig.

Video Card--Evga 7900gt.
Sound Card--SB X-Fi Xtreme.

CD/DVD--Lite-ON.

CD/DVD Burner--Sony

OS-- Microsoft Home.

try pouring water on the cpu gpu and psu, while it is NOT plugged in, it usually gives it a shoch, and then it should work fine.

i am not responsible for any damage

Not sure what key to hit on an Asus, but I hit the delete key to enter the bios on mine. Need to set up boot order etc., then load an operating system. Check out the MB manual....

caveman4810 said:
Not sure what key to hit on an Asus, but I hit the delete key to enter the bios on mine. Need to set up boot order etc., then load an operating system. Check out the MB manual....

I tried the delet key, but nothing is working so far. It's weird.

EDIT: The problem isn't getting into the BIOS guys. His computer obviously isn't even POSTing

time for troubleshooting. Here are the basic steps for troubleshooting a board that doesn't post.

Take the motherboard out and set it on the mobo box or basically something non-static. Then, the only things that should be plugged in is:

CPU (obviously :p)
One stick of RAM
Vid Card
Keyboard

See if the computer posts. If it doesn't, then try pulling out the video card and see if it gives you a post beep (you will obviously need the PC speaker inside the case hooked up to it), if it beeps when the video card is out, but not when it is in, then the video card is the issue.

Repeat the same thing with the RAM if removing the video card producings nothing.

If you do get it to post, just hook up one thing at a time until the problem occurs. If it doesn't occur then the mobo may have been grounding out in the case.

BTW, here are beep codes. Othere BIOS's besides award are listed on the left, but this link leads to AWARD bios's codes

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom