Dealing with Harassment from FB pages?

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Hey,
I know a friend who's currently being harassed online. There's a facebook page dedicated to harassing her and they've called her friends, community and even family members. My friend, Jane, told me that she knows who the guy is and there's some proof of emails that was resent back to her of the person emailing. She also mentioned that she's already reported it to Facebook and the posts were taken down but the page is still up as well as the harassment continues. Is there a way to put a stop on it even though she's living in one state and the other person is living in the other? It seems anxieties and pressure of harassment is going on.

You need to contact the Police and get as much evidence as you can from Facebook. Save the page and any posts. Take screen shots and download any information you can such as the E Mails ECT: Contact the Police and contact Facebook after you have the evidence and even thor its in another State I'm pretty sure this will warrant something like the FBI. I'm not sure about that but their will be something that the authority can can despite being across state lines.

If it means having the Police come to her house \ home so be it because if this escalates and theirs no record of it they can't do anything with out having an understanding of whats going on.

Honestly the Police is the best bet.

YUP she need proof of the problems and the paper trail which the police will have with the report, Cyber harassing has become a serious issue and the cops no longer take it so lightly, There are school kids who committed suicide over cyber bullying as they called it so it's now a serious offence.

That is a Federal Crime. Contact the local FBI field office (or call the number) and report it. This constitutes a "course of conduct" for whoever is doing this. Legal statutes have been met so they should be able to quickly find out who this is and have to locals take appropriate action.

Last edited:
It's bullying at best as all it is is a FB page dedicated to bullying somebody. Not that I condone the behaviour, but as somebody who's dealt with real harassment cases before I can tell you from experience they won't do much if anything about it at all. It's just internet bullying.

The individual has contacted friends associated with the targeted individual. This constitutes stalking and harassment.

There's a facebook page dedicated to harassing her and they've called her friends community and even family members,. My friend, Jane, told me that she knows who the guy is and there's some proof of emails that was resent back to her of the person emailing. She also mentioned that she's already reported it to Facebook and the posts were taken down but the page is still up as well as the harassment continues. Is there a way to put a stop on it even though she's living in one state and the other person is living in the other? It seems anxieties and pressure of harassment is going on.

This also crosses state lines, making it a federal matter.

You can certainly rely on the local constables to care of this matter, but the FBI won't **** around with this. I imagine something like this may lead to something more serious for whoever is perpetrating this; so I would not sit quietly while you're ignored by the police.

Tell that to all the neckbeards on 4chan that do it on a regular basis. This is classified as low priority like small claims property theft. They will only do anything if one of two things happens. The internet has a hissy fit over it (like the girl that got bullied into drinking bleach), or they make threats on their life.

Can you please confirm which meaning you were using..
neckbeard
1. (n) Facial hair that does not exist on the face, but instead on the neck. Almost never well groomed.
or
2. (n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.

Tell that to all the neckbeards on 4chan that do it on a regular basis. This is classified as low priority like small claims property theft.

It is a shame that people still bully others. But this is treated like small claims court unless you are a town mayor Man arrested for parodying mayor on Twitter gets $125K in civil lawsuit | Ars Technica

Besides the definitions listed, and the meme associations listed here:

A neckbeard is typically a term used on sites like 4chan that are associated with *******s who sit on the internet all day and have literally nothing else better to do than ruin other people's lives.

Back
Top Bottom