Dead pixel

abland007

Baseband Member
I just got a new 19'' widescreen Veiwsonic monitor. I turned it on and there is a little red dead pixel on the bottom of my screen. I can only see it when my screen is black but its annoying. I spent several hundred dollars on this and I dont want a red dot on my screen. Someone told my to apply pressure to the area and turn my comp on when still putting pressure on it. This sounds bogus to me! Anyone>>>??

uh yea dont do that, that could just damage the screen more, i would just return and get another

return it, since you've spent so much you deserve a perfect working monitor

have you guys ever heard of the pressure fix for the pixels? just wondering, cause i never have, didnt know if it existed

I have and people on here have used it and it worked...you just have to apply a small amount of pressure to the area and gently rub it, and sometimes voila it fixs it...

oh, ok interesting, didnt know, but abland return that monitor, its brand new and if you spent that much money you deserve a perfectly working lcd monitor

I put a little pressure on the monitor, turned it off, turned it back on and now there is no more "dead" pixel!!!

Thanks for all the help guys! And BUllzi- im finally up and running~

wow, ok ill use this in future problems i had never heard of the pressure fix thing

really?? you got it all working? good to hear! hey just make sure you make a disk so then next time all you have to do is pop that in, but dont get me wrong i didnt mind helpin out, just glad it all worked out, have fun with your "new" pc

Back
Top Bottom