Dead fan in Inspiron 600m

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
The case fan in my Dell Inspiron 600m laptop appears to have stopped working. I suppose I could send it in to dell to have it replaced, but that seems like both a waste of time and shipping costs. Does anyone have any experience in opening up and troubleshooting an inspiron case? I've got all of the screws out, and the bottom half of the case is (sort of) coming apart, but there seems to be some lock or screw in the middle somewhere that I can't find (maybe under the windows xp sticker?). Rather than get out the ol' crowbar, I figured I'd check in with you experts. I have plenty of experience under the hood of my desktop, but have never tried with a laptop. Even if I do/can get it open, can you buy the right size fan somewhere, even online?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Richard

My fan hasn't gone yet, so I can't help you there, but has your battery randomly stopped working?? Has it started to not start some times? I hate this laptop.

You just wait.... If the battery completely stops working (e.g. you unplug the AC power, and the computer dies when the battery should be fine) then you know its time to call Dell.

Yan

Sorry for not being an optimist, but I never liked Dell, and after paying 2 grand for this complete piece of junk, I have something I want to settle with them, but of course, I can't.

Yan

Aside from the fan, I've been fairly happy with the laptop, but I only paid 1k for it, so I'm not expecting perfection. Hopefully the battery will hold up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom