DDOS attack prevention PS4

AshleyTheReal

Solid State Member
I am looking for a VPN with ddos feature for my PS4 if anyone of you guide me that is it possible with a VPN, since I found PureVPN is offering this as addon for free with one year plan and 88% discount on 5 years plan as part of their cyber monday deal.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Your PS4 will not connect to a VPN directly, it only has proxy support. If you "require" ddos protection, you need to rethink exactly what you're doing online and stop cheating.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Play nicely...

@Michael Ramcard PP is saying it cannot be connected DIRECTLY to a VPN. There's other ways to connect it to a VPN, sure, like through a router or another system. But no way DIRECTLY, just proxied through another device. That's what he's saying. PP Didn't allude to that, because usually if you want to VPN with your console...you're wanting to cheat in some way.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Play nicely...

@Michael Ramcard PP is saying it cannot be connected DIRECTLY to a VPN. There's other ways to connect it to a VPN, sure, like through a router or another system. But no way DIRECTLY, just proxied through another device. That's what he's saying. PP Didn't allude to that, because usually if you want to VPN with your console...you're wanting to cheat in some way.
DDOS protection implies you've pissed somebody off lol, but absolutely correct.
Your PS4 will not connect to a VPN directly, it only has proxy support.