DCOM error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
nosing around in my event viewer over the last few days i've noticed that about once an hour i'll get the following error (only noticeable in event viewer)

"DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service NSCService with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{09B7ADDC-8BF0-409B-8571-43E8EA2AAFA3}"

its not causing any problems that i've noticed, it just conserns me how often its happening.

celegorm said:
Nosing around in my event viewer over the last few days i've noticed that about once an hour i'll get the following error (only noticeable in event viewer) "DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service NSCService with arguments "" in order to run the server, its not causing any problems that i've noticed, it just conserns me how often its happening.
This has been reported by a member as a double post.

Go to run, and type "services.msc" without the quotes.

Look for the NSCService and enable it, see what happens then.

Edit> http://www.castlecops.com/o23list-1113.html

Read that, the NSCService is to do with Norton. So, either you have had it installed before, and do not have installed any more, or you have it installed, but it's disabled in some way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom