Dawned on me.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I'm 19.

I pretty much don't listen to that stuff even if i had heard it, but yeah religion...

magouster said:
How old are you Bum? Cause even an Atheist would know the supposed meaning of 666, or at least have heard of it. Unless of course if he was 12 or something.

On second thought, I reckon it would probably be best if we did not follow this line of conversation, lest this thread be locked, and we get warned by the mods.
religeous discussion was banned because of the inevitable flaming.

mentioning things about it is okay (like where 666 came from), and maybe clarifying a defenition. but no arguments over who's right.

BTW, atheist isn't a proper noun, so no capital 'a'

BTW, atheist isn't a proper noun, so no capital 'a'
I mean........I know I correct stuff from time to time, but it's usually a completely butchered spelling. This is going a little anal there dont ya think?

Might as well just grammatically fix every post that's been put up thus far if you're going to go on proper nouns yo.

and please tell me that you didn't edit your post solely for the purpose of pointing that out.......

(dont bother pointing out to me that a sentence shouldn't start with 'and') :p

No I'm not doing the whole "Grammar police" deal, because I do believe that kids today are really lacking when it comes to vocabulary, grammar, and just overall butchering the language. :D

Nubius said:
I mean........I know I correct stuff from time to time, but it's usually a completely butchered spelling. This is going a little anal there dont ya think?

Might as well just grammatically fix every post that's been put up thus far if you're going to go on proper nouns yo.

and please tell me that you didn't edit your post solely for the purpose of pointing that out.......

No I'm not doing the whole "Grammar police" deal, because I do believe that kids today are really lacking when it comes to vocabulary, grammar, and just overall butchering the language. :D

*sniff* but sum of US r boligecalle chalngd wit grahmer. i |\/|34|\| I c4|\|7 431p i7 \/\/43|\| i d0|\|7 h4\/3 teh 4bi1i7Y!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!11111!!!!!!!

^For the above, I must apologize for being a smart aleck...I couldn't resiste pushing the big read button. My mother was an English teacher, I still didn't catch on.

Now that the thread has throughly been hijacked, back on subject

666 has been such a big deal. I apologize, I just thought everybody had heard of it because of hollywood.

Nubius said:

it wasn't about the grammar, it was about the defenition. I was just trying to avoid people thinking of atheism as a philosophy or organisation (which it isn't) - hence atheist not being a proper noun.

but I don't want to get deep into that

Ok, the beast is broken. :D

<--------667

*edit* Well, apparently it's decided to stay "666". LOL

The Greek for "666" is theta theta theta.

The Greeks were also the ones who came up with powers of numbers.

This has led some to believe that "666" could actually be 6 to the 6th to the 6th, or 6^6^6 (which is a really large number). Heinlein used this line of thought (there's a name you wouldn't associate with anything biblical!) in his book The Number of the Beast, which was published before most of you were born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom