Darn truck...

we paid $400. Kinda split on the truck, lol. for safety it needs both doors replaced (there rotted out at the bottom, dont open from the inside, the drivers door wont unlock with the key), needs a steering column which we are swapping out tomorrow, a little bodywork on the cab but not much, and 4 new tires which I have in the shed. It needed a battery witch we put in today. Also the hinge pin on the drivers door is missing. Other than all that it's looking pretty solid.

The reason we are replacing the steering column is because the gearshift doesnt work. The only way right now to change gears is to have someone push the brake so the truck doesnt roll ahead, climb underneath and put it into gear with a pair or vice grips on the tranny lol.

EDIT: to be more specific with the lighs, its just the headlights (lower set) and tail lights.

we paid $400. Kinda split on the truck, lol. for safety it needs both doors replaced (there rotted out at the bottom, dont open from the inside, the drivers door wont unlock with the key), needs a steering column which we are swapping out tomorrow, a little bodywork on the cab but not much, and 4 new tires which I have in the shed. It needed a battery witch we put in today. Also the hinge pin on the drivers door is missing. Other than all that it's looking pretty solid.

The reason we are replacing the steering column is because the gearshift doesnt work. The only way right now to change gears is to have someone push the brake so the truck doesnt roll ahead, climb underneath and put it into gear with a pair or vice grips on the tranny lol.
Minor detail. Makes driving more exciting.

Minor detail. Makes driving more exciting.

Yeah, I think the person ahead of me at the gas bar tonight was probably like "wtf!!??" when I jumped out of the cab, climbed underneath the truck for a minute , jumped into the truck, backed up a few feet, jumped out, climbed underneath again, got in and drove away :p

Could be worse, could be trying to drive a standard this way LOL

400 bucks? Not bad considering the stuff youre gonna do with it

I have a 99 Camry Toyota but I rarely drive that thing.

Bike, Train and walking For the Win

The truck idles very rough though. At a light the entire vehicle shakes a bit. Its fine once it hits about 2000 RPM however. Normaly it idles at 1000. Im going to try changing the sparkplugs out and see if that helps. Its already idling fast enough, if you let off the brake it rolls quite fast even if the ground is perfectly level.

Might be worth a rebuild... If you have an engine lift, it's not hard or expensive. Except, no one rebuilds an engine completely stock, lol, that's where it gets espensive.

Yeah, we are thinking in about 6 months down the road when we have a little more money to throw about we might pop in a new engine. 400k on the stock engine, wich is even a little 3.0L V6... Really good pickup though.

Back
Top Bottom