DarkBlade's QUIZ QUESTION of the WEEK (THE RETURN!!)

DarkBlade1

BSOD
Ok guys. I decided to restart this quiz question. I am hoping lurks or root will sticky this until Sunday evening, at which point, I will reveal the correct answer.

This weeks question is!:

How does the integrated DDR memory controller on the AMD Sempron/Athlon64/AthlonX2/Opteron/Turion chips function?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!! THIS IS A WARMUP QUESTION, AND ISN'T TOO HARD! :D ENJOY!

two things...

It basically brings on chip functions that are traditionally performed in the north bridge, (memory controlling)...

So the answer is... (vote for yourselves).

but, the integrated DDR2 controller does far more than any of those options,
including
Allows for a reduction in memory latency, thereby increasing overall system performance...

However, Even though I voted the correct answer, (explained above) it's still wrong because the northbridge does still have functionality and is not bypassed completly.

DarkBlade... I wont sticky this because whilst I knew the answer it took me three years of Uni in electronics, and studying chip design, and a whole lifetime of serious Uber geek level interest in processors...

It's far too indepth for a general pop-quiz.
we'll see how this weeks poll goes, whether it stays on the front page at least, If next weeks is a little less exclusive I'll sticky it for you...

as root said ... there's more to it than just the best answer given of the 5. Good question though.

root said:
two things...

It basically brings on chip functions that are traditionally performed in the north bridge, (memory controlling)...

So the answer is... (vote for yourselves).

but, the integrated DDR2 controller does far more than any of those options,
including
Allows for a reduction in memory latency, thereby increasing overall system performance...

However, Even though I voted the correct answer, (explained above) it's still wrong because the northbridge does still have functionality and is not bypassed completly.

DarkBlade... I wont sticky this because whilst I knew the answer it took me three years of Uni in electronics, and studying chip design, and a whole lifetime of serious Uber geek level interest in processors...

It's far too indepth for a general pop-quiz.
we'll see how this weeks poll goes, whether it stays on the front page at least, If next weeks is a little less exclusive I'll sticky it for you...

All very correct Root, but I only have so much room to type the answers you know! LMAO!! I go to Uni as well, I know the exact reasoning behind this. Try to answer my other question in this thread! :D

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=18551

Mr. Root, is that your final answer?

Also, at the end of this week, I will reveal the FULL explanation of the correct answer! So you tech geeks won't pummel me for putting the laymans explanations up there.

LOL, wish I was an AMD Junkie but sadfully enough I have only had an AMD processor for about 12 hours....:)
in a computer that is, ive had the actual cpu for a week.

Back
Top Bottom