dam microsoft

Of course. I actually thought Windows 7 would be a giant step forward for Microsoft and a step away from Vista's failures. I don't have that kind of money to buy an OS so I guess I'm stuck with Vista until I get a Macbook.

Because Windows needs to be used for more things than OS X. I.E. Business.

So you think Mac OS 10 can't be used as a business operating system? Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Any operating system can be used for business. You just need the proper tools, which Mac OS has available.

Who the hell uses only 3 simultaneous applications. That's like . . . Firefox, Microsoft Word, and a music player! How stupid is that? Should be worth 10 bucks if you have that. Give it to the schools!

Actually I think it's more like virus scanner, spyware scanner and firewall!

I think this is bad though, I can honestly see some people supplying a PC with this windows starter editions saying it comes with windows installed,

this had better be like a free download or something so that people can just see what it's like

So you think Mac OS 10 can't be used as a business operating system? Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Any operating system can be used for business. You just need the proper tools, which Mac OS has available.
Sure it can, but Windows is clearly better suited for business. Depends on the application though, business is a little broad.

I still don't know where you guys are getting these price points though. In the article, those prices are Vista equivalents. There have been no prices announced yet. Not to mention, those prices are retail. OEM is a LOT cheaper.

yeah most business software on PC's is also available in a MAC version...ie Microsoft office, and all the accounting programs....

Not really. I wasn't into computers that much when Vista came out.

Well then you wouldn't know that this same shit is dredged up every operating system release. The same stuff that was said about Vista with needing better hardware and incompatibilities etc etc etc was said when XP was released. It was said when 2000 was released. It was said when ME was released....gets quite boring actually. No doubt it was said when 98 was released. It will always happen ..people must just like to whinge.

I haven't actually seen anyone say WHY this is such a nightmare...all people say is how bad it is.

I haven't actually seen anyone say WHY this is such a nightmare...all people say is how bad it is.

You can either buy an operating system that has more than you need, or an operating system that's missing some vital features that you require.

By then, you're probably wondering whether or not the consumer should research before buying. That's a good point, but there's always going to be that consumer. Not to mention how confusing this is to the average person.

Well then you wouldn't know that this same shit is dredged up every operating system release. The same stuff that was said about Vista with needing better hardware and incompatibilities etc etc etc was said when XP was released. It was said when 2000 was released. It was said when ME was released....gets quite boring actually. No doubt it was said when 98 was released. It will always happen ..people must just like to whinge.

I never said the OS itself was bad. In fact I really like it. As far as resources it matches XP and then it has Vista themes. So best of both worlds. What I did say was that there's no way in hell I'm shelling out $260 for that. I'd rather get Vista for $100 and then another set of 2GB RAM for $40. Far cheaper. In fact, the most I'd ever pay for a OS would probably be $150, and that's a maybe.

Back
Top Bottom