Cycle of Reboots!!!*with pictures*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhR33k

Solid State Member
Well I played this vid on realplayer (first time using realplayer) and my computer restarted. So as it is loading windows it gives me this blue screen with an error on it then just restarts. I tried safe mode but after all the files load up in the bios it restarts also. I tried the option in my bios the prevents restarts after an error but it still restarts anyways. So I was going to repair windows with my windows xp cd then it came up with the same error screen but this time it stayed on so I took a pic of it-
ErrorPageScreencopy.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated!

First of all, welcome :)

Hmm thats weird...

I don't like Real Player, and don't have it installed. If a website for example needs the RM extension, I simply turn it off and say to myself "It should work with Windows Media Player too, or at least Quicktime"

I guess you've tried the advanced options to allow the last working configeration?

That should take Real Player out of the equation if that was the problem causing it to load, as it'll load up the last working registry.

You see, every time the computer loads up successfully, a backup registry is made and sent there.

From that error, it looks like the drive is looking somewhere else for the bootup partition, and not finding any...

If the suggestion above doesn't work, I won't know what to suggest...
I don't want to suggest for instance, that the drives suddenly packed it in and corrupted itself...

Just grabbed this off a site:

What is loaded in RAM?

Items in RAM can be divided into:

• The Non-Paged area. Parts of the System which are so important that they may never be paged out - the area of RAM used for these is called in XP the ‘Non-Paged area'. Because this mainly contains core code of the system, which is not likely to contain serious faults, a Blue Screen referring to ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged area' probably indicates a serious hardware problem with the RAM modules, or possibly damaged code resulting from a defective Hard disk. It is, though, possible that external utility software (e.g. Norton) may put modules there too, so if such faults arise when you have recently installed or updated something of this sort, try uninstalling it.
  • The Page Pool which can be used to hold:
    • Program code,
    • Data pages that have had actual data written to them, and
    • A basic amount of space for the file cache (known in Windows 9x systems as Vcache) of files that have recently been read from or written to hard disk.
Any remaining RAM will be used to make the file cache larger.

So, try removing any recent programs, such as Real Player. That might sort it. If not, it doesn't look good.

I had a similar problem but it happened when using windows media player! Still dont know what to do about it.

I had the same problem when I was still using WIndows (a while back now). I eventually just had to re-install (didn't have time to fix, and important data was already backed up). Don't let this discourage you though... Try reading through these two pages:

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=335

and

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817197

They seem related to your errors, so they may help. As you can guess by the name (linnerd40) I know a lot more about Linux than Windows, but I have had my fair share of WIndows too. I hope this helps!

i was going to reccomend a system restore, but you cant do that if you cant boot into windows. if you have an extra computer around set the harddrive to slave, and throw it in the other computer.

Remove any files related to real player on the harddrive, and if it's possible to do a system restore on a slave drive, i would do that. once all of thats done take the harddrive out, switch it back to master and put it in your computer.

Try booting into Safe Mode and do what prosser13 says, and uninstall any new and recent programs that have been around since this BSOD has started. If that doesn't work, as a last resort, boot into Safe Mode again and run System Restore. Make sure to back up your data. If you have a CD burner it will work, contrary to popular belief. If you can't boot to Safe Mode, try one of those PE Builders to boot from CD and back up your files in the PE operating system. You can add add-ins for Nero and stuff of that sort.

i had this problem ages ago on my friends computer, which sorted it self out with a reinstall.

Fisher said:
i had this problem ages ago on my friends computer, which sorted it self out with a reinstall.

I would do a rebuild as a last resort. Try the system restore in safe mode first, if you can get that far, and if that doesn't remedy the issue, then rebuild.

Problem is that I cant log into safe mode either :(

btw, thanks for all the help guys. I get alot more/better responses here than I do at any other forums so thx! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom