Cycle of Reboots!!! *please read*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
I dl'ed this vid (1.4mb i believe) and it wanted to play it with realplayer. I have never used realplayer before since I just installed it so I just used it anyways. As realplayer started up my computer restarted. I tryed starting it normally but it gives me a blue screen saying something about preventing hardware problems and physical memory dump, then my computer restarts. I would like to tell you what it says but it passes by so quickly each time. I then tried to run in every type of safe mode but as it loads up all the files in the bios it just restarts!?!?

This is my first custom built computer and have had it for 1 1/2 months now and would really really appreciate any help!!

You should be able to get into your BIOS. Go in the BIOS and look for a "restart on error, BSOD, or whatever" option. I don't know what it will be called, just keep your eyes open. Anyway, once you find it, make sure it's set to not restart when you receive a system error, such as the BSOD. Then note all of the important information from the BSOD and come post it here.

That's strange that that happened though. RealPlayer is a good and clean program that I use for most of my video watching. It must've been some sort of corruption, or a coincidence with the problem being something else.

ok well i tried doing the thing that you had said above and i think in my BIOS it was called "hold". So i put it to "no errors" but it still did the same thing. So I put my Windows cd in to try and repair the os but it came up with the same error screen as it was about to repair except this time it stayed there and I took a pic of it-
ErrorPageScreencopy.jpg

Very odd.....
Usually a reboot solves this.
Go into safemode and delete the page file or uninstall real play...or both.

Realplayer is a known spyware/malware program.
Im talking about the newer versions.....

I suggest getting something better that can play real encoded streams without the spyware.

shdwsclan said:
Very odd.....
Usually a reboot solves this.
Go into safemode and delete the page file or uninstall real play...or both.

Realplayer is a known spyware/malware program.
Im talking about the newer versions.....

I suggest getting something better that can play real encoded streams without the spyware.

He said he can't get it to boot in safe mod either.

Read here: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=384102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom