Custom icon design

moises94851

Beta member
Someone wants custom icon design. I am no icon design expert. I said exclusive custom icons would cost them about 10 times as much than buying stock icons. Makes sense since you can sell stock(non exclusive) sets dozens of times over.

How long does a professional icon take to make? I estimate at least 2 hours per icon. Is this enough?

What would you say a custom icon is worth, per icon or set? I am talking about real pro icons, like best you have ever seen, not windows 95 type icons.

Depends whether the icons are exclusive or you retain the rights to resell. Pricing by icon or by time is more about how you will pay yourself for doing the work.

Icons have seen a recent resurgence with the new application stores and many large mainstream social media sites becoming increasingly recognised by them. As such there are good tutorials around on making your icons have a similar look/feel.

Icons, are acutally pretty simple. Even the Win XP start menu Icon must have taken only 30 minutes with a good drawing tool and shading (Or they probably went with MS Paint and took 2 hours, obviously). I have made a few good looking icons. all you need to do is make a big, simple icon, add some shine, shadows, and scale it. You'll need something better then paint though :D

Back
Top Bottom