Custom Build or Notebook

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Alright. Simple Question.

I have a custom build set up in my head for $2.5k. AMD Athlon 64 FX60, 2 Gigs Ram, Nvidia 7900 GTX, Two 19" LCDs, DVD Burner, Liquid Cooling, The works.

But.. I'm not really a pc gamer, So it's not like id NEED all that, I just.. want a stable box that I can depend on lol.

But see, Im always on the go. Friends houses, Go To hot spots all the time, School Has Wifi, I like to carry my media with me.. And Ive always loved notebooks.

So, What do you guys think I should do? I just want a stable computer, that I can store alot of data, process alot of information, multitask, and preferably have the ability to play games on the pc if i had an opportunity to.

Your votes are appreciated

2.5k? Heh spend 700 or so on a notebook, and if you spend just right witht he upcoming price cuts you could have a wicked ass PC.

well i think you can afford to spend more on the laptop, if mobility is really a thing that you care about and you aren't a hard core gamer, quad sli'd 7950gx2's just sitting there would not do any good for you. i recommend spending your money on a very capable laptop for around 1500-2000 dollars.

I'm for first vote for laptop's... i think you should get a notebook if you are going to do alot of travelling for that price you can probably get a notebook that would play games as well as come desktops.

Well seeing that I'm at home most of the time and that's the only place I play my games, I'd have to go with a desktop. Since, I already have a fine working one, though, I'd buy myself a laptop while my family uses their desktop.

Back
Top Bottom