Custom build for Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

These work in 32 and 64 bit OS from Win95 all the way up to Win7. I tried 32 bit Win10. they wouldn't work that way so i went back to 64 bit.

those 32 bit days may be numbered.... M$ has already started to faze that out
https://www.engadget.com/windows-10-32-bit-oem-173055990.html
This news doesn’t mean that Microsoft will no longer support computers running 32-bit Windows 10. Microsoft says that it will continue to update the OS with new features and security patches, and will still sell it directly to consumers.
They aren't selling to OEMs anymore, don't think 32bit will go away as an option in media creation tool.

These work in 32 and 64 bit OS from Win95 all the way up to Win7. I tried 32 bit Win10. they wouldn't work that way so i went back to 64 bit.
That's because they have an emulated 16bit layer. Win 10 32bit you can add it back in and if you didn't those 16bit installers won't work.

They aren't selling to OEMs anymore, don't think 32bit will go away as an option in media creation tool.

Yup...I read that too..... but it also means that peeps that buy off the shelf are not getting that option. I did state that it's days are numbered, meaning that it is currently supported but we know that this is going to be limited as time goes on. Eventually we will see that M$ will no longer support 32 bit o.s. It's days will be numbered....I'm think we will stop seeing any kind of support at all within the next 5 yrs

Yup...I read that too..... but it also means that peeps that buy off the shelf are not getting that option. I did state that it's days are numbered, meaning that it is currently supported but we know that this is going to be limited as time goes on. Eventually we will see that M$ will no longer support 32 bit o.s. It's days will be numbered....I'm think we will stop seeing any kind of support at all within the next 5 yrs
No you can still buy 32bit, it's only OEM partners that aren't offering 32bit variants anymore. In any case, not really a bad thing.

No you can still buy 32bit, it's only OEM partners that aren't offering 32bit variants anymore. In any case, not really a bad thing.
ehhh. yea. I'm not disagreeing with that? Yes you can get W10 32 but like I aleady stated... eventually it going to be fazed out....I'm thinking within the next 5 yrs. Honestly I agree that there's not much use for it today and in the future even less

If your not tied into anything that Windows 10 can't run... Then why do you not just use your Windows 7 key (license) and install Windows 10? I'll admit I am still using Windows 7 myself, but I know that eventually I'm going to have to go with 10 before not too long.

I'm an XP Pro user. Love it, and been using it for 3+ years, with zero malware problem. I absolutely hate it that due to the crappy browsers, I must upgrade to Win 7. I don't like Win 7, but I dislike it way less than I detest Win 8/10, so I'll be using it until such time as I feel confidant to transition to MX Linux. Win 7 will be the last M$ rendition I'll ever be using. Period.

Still hoping for build advice. After further research I decided to focus on i7 CPUs, in the 3rd to 5th generation range. I'd like opinions on the 'pick of the litter'. Maybe after a CPU is decided on it will make motherboard choice easier. One can hope!

Back
Top Bottom