Custom build for Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Yeah, i heard of that one too. I would think that Microsoft would jump down on them for copyright infringement. I think my only choose will be win10. That sucks as i really don't like it. I have had so many issues thats why i didn't want to leave win7.
I hear all the how great edge chromium is and how much win10 is but when i tried it the first thing was i needed to make up a password to let me into the os itself. Then it didn't like Google so it wanted me to switch over to Chromium. and of course a new user name and password for that so i had to make two changes there and then it wanted me to use i think it was a Microsoft email account. It just started to piss me off so bad i went back to win7. I don't have any of that crap on it! I may just get a better processor for this board and tell win10 to go Fu*k itself!

Microsoft technically does still support Win7m but only in special cases and it ain't free. I work with retail POS systems and they pay for the continued support but we are working on getting the stores to upgrade to 10.

I am using win7 64 bit home. My win10 copy is pro 64 bit. I don't really care. Win7 works right out of the box. none of all that crap to use 10!

Yeah, i heard of that one too. I would think that Microsoft would jump down on them for copyright infringement.
They are only design queues and theoretical. Nobody is actually making these.
I think my only choose will be win10. That sucks as i really don't like it. I have had so many issues thats why i didn't want to leave win7.
I hear all the how great edge chromium is and how much win10 is but when i tried it the first thing was i needed to make up a password to let me into the os itself. Then it didn't like Google so it wanted me to switch over to Chromium. and of course a new user name and password for that so i had to make two changes there and then it wanted me to use i think it was a Microsoft email account. It just started to piss me off so bad i went back to win7. I don't have any of that crap on it! I may just get a better processor for this board and tell win10 to go Fu*k itself!
You don't need a password for W10 nor do you need a username or password to use the browser.

When installing Windows 10 leave your internet unplugged. On the network tab during setup click the bottom lower left "I don't have internet access". This will give you the opportunity to create a local account. Put the username as you wish and leave the password blank.

For Chrome, when it first launches it brings up a tab saying to sign in, just open a new tab and continue browsing like normal.
When you first open up Edge Chromium it will bring up a centered box talking about user experience and signing in, just click off it.

Yup. M$ wants to make you think that you must have a user account to use Windows 10... that is just a lie, They really want your personal info and they make an attempt to get that by making you think you must create an account. I lied to Google about my birth date when I started that account and now I get a birthday wish from Facebook for that same date?
btw...it is 6/6/66 Maybe everybody should all use the same b-date. I'm sure that'll throw their algorithms for a loop!

Yep, Thats what i thought. I am thinking of changing my email address, password and see if i can get a clean copy of Win 10, with all that stuff needed. Don't let them know anything. See if i can get around it.

I thought i would ask about security in Win7. I use MS security essentials as it still seems to update and run scans ok yet. C Cleaner. Malwarebytes and Glary Utilities. Any thoughts?

0patch (that is "Zero-patch") is another option you can look into for Windows 7, they have a limited free version and a better pay version too and they support W7
https://0patch.com/
There is some kinda reg hack or a download out there that tells the M$ update server that your eligible to get these paid updates for Windows 7 that PP mentioned. I'm not up on all of that only to know that it does exist

ok, I guess its worth checking out. I also have Driver support one installed and gets a lot of the different drivers installed and working. When i first fired up this board it went nuts! It went over a hour to get all the needed drivers installed. I have the paid version of that.
Watching races right now. Will check in later.

The updates really aren't all that necessary. Windows 10 is at 75% market share, I highly doubt there are new exploits being written for an EOL OS now. The only reason my XP box is fully updated with the POS updates is because I do a fresh install with each new integral to get the utility and driver updates as that guy is constantly updating his releases of XP. In fact that's why I know about the backported W8 driver for new Intel and AMD platforms.

Back
Top Bottom