Css

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok i was playing CSS and suddenly the whole game froze and i couldnt do anything at all, now maybe that was the server shutting down but games were freezing before and i changed my drivers to the newest ones. anyhoo could it be ram, since i only have 512mb pc2700?

No definitely not the ram. Well it could be the ram if the ram is defective, but if the ram is fine, then trust me it isn't. I had to send my two sticks of ram back because they were messed up, in the meantime I was using my sister's old computer's ram stick which was 256MB DDR266 PC-2100, even worse than yours, and I was able to play CSS with a little lag every so often and it kind of held my graphics card back (forced me to do mostly medium settings), but it still ran fine. So it probably isn't the ram, but can you explain the freezing a little more. Like what exactly happens, you're playing and then the game freezes and you need to close it or what?

oim playing the game and ill just be walking or just standing there, it happens randomly and then the sound starts going DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING over and over and i freeze then i have to press the restart button.

hmmmm thats strange... it may just be spyware stealing power. its not ur psu cuz it would have died completely if it was. not ram because its not going to use more over time. its just stuff sapping cpu power.

I had RAM in dual channel and my CS:S and HL2 was locking up on me all of the time. My solution was to take the Ram out of Dual Channel mode and it worked.

has this happened before? did you change anything in your system? when it freezes can you go back into windows by pressing ctrl alt delete? how much did you overclock your cpu? do you have to restart the computer totaly or can you end task the game in task manager?

have to restart totally, but it was working fine until recently...i might reset the bios options see if that fixes it

Back
Top Bottom