Crysis on my future rig

Damn Crysis....
What a pain in the ass.....

Well bro, this is what i would do if i were you, spend about $40-$50 more and get the 512MB G92 GTS....
Only get 4GB of that RAM instead of 8GB, save yourself some money.. that is better spent on the card

few reasons i suggest this.

1. the GTS is a bit faster
2. the GTS on newegg is bundled with Crysis ;)
3. the GTS has a better cooler than the 8800GT

Damn Crysis....
What a pain in the ass.....

Well bro, this is what i would do if i were you, spend about $40-$50 more and get the 512MB G92 GTS....
Only get 4GB of that RAM instead of 8GB, save yourself some money.. that is better spent on the card

few reasons i suggest this.

1. the GTS is a bit faster
2. the GTS on newegg is bundled with Crysis ;)
3. the GTS has a better cooler than the 8800GT
Agree with everything you said there.

Okay this should really help put Crysis in perspective for you. I scanned this out of the latest edition of Games for Windows magazine. This month they did a feature on Ultra Hi end computers. One of the tests was Crysis @ 1920X1200. I copied the full page so you can see what these rigs are running. Just look at the price tags vs performance.
crysisextremerigsja7.jpg

crysisextremerigs2rm3.jpg

The fastest set of cards on that list was 2x 8800 Ultras set in SLI, giving 34fps at full settings at that resolution.

Why? Well, the more expensive computer coupled 3x 8800 Ultras, got...a lower FPS?...
Games just aren't coded for more than 2 cards yet, haha...

The fastest set of cards on that list was 2x 8800 Ultras set in SLI, giving 34fps at full settings at that resolution.

Why? Well, the more expensive computer coupled 3x 8800 Ultras, got...a lower FPS?...
Games just aren't coded for more than 2 cards yet, haha...

Actually the MainGear that scored 34 FPS was a 3-Way SLI setup. Not to mention a QX9650 clocked at 4.2Ghz :eek:

Thats $9900 spent well lmao.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;761841 said:
Actually the MainGear that scored 34 FPS was a 3-Way SLI setup. Not to mention a QX9650 clocked at 4.2Ghz :eek:

Thats $9900 spent well lmao.

It's also slightly ridiculous XD

I mean...I have a 1920x1600 monitor.

But I run my games at 1680X1050...you can BARELY tell the difference, and you can jack up a lot of other options, to make it look way better than when sacrificing power for 1920x1600.

....1920x1600 really isn't necessary- a waste of power, so to say.

Back
Top Bottom