Crysis coming to PS3!

DVD's are 29.97 FPS in North america, not 25. even in europe, their 24.97, not 25. stop misleading people

and ps3 doesnt even use directx.... directx is a thing implemented in windows...(to trivium nate)

that may be true for movies but in video games you are controlling the character moves and his location
so if your running at 60 vs 100 fps move of the fps are going to be the same thing except a little bit slower
theres no difference in the character's running speed at 60fps vs 100fps lol

look up something called frame skip

I posted something like this on gamespot forums and they locked my account for putting somthing about the ps3 in the 360 forum, i think they would have to make two new systems to run crysis.

I said this before, and I'll say it again.
In films 25fps is fine, but for games that you actually control, its not nearly enough for smooth play.

Were only just starting to get full motion bluring in games, which is helping lower frame rates seem smoother, because, pause a DVD and you see motion blurring, which the brain uses to interpret inbetween frames, which accounts to another frame that isn't really there.

It is fake motion blur.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

Just a little quote from the article.

"We as humans have a very advanced visual system, please understand that a computer with all it's processor strength still doesn't match our own brain, or the complexity of a single Deoxyribonucleic Acid strand. While some animals out there have sharper vision than us humans, there is usually something given up with it - for eagles there is color, and for owls it is the inability to move the eye in its socket. With our outstanding human visual, we can see in billions of colors (although it has been tested that women see as much as 30% more colors than men do. Our eyes can indeed perceive well over 200 frames per second from a simple little display device (mainly so low because of current hardware, not our own limits). Our eyes are also highly movable, able to focus in as close as an inch, or as far as infinity, and have the ability to change focus faster than the most complex and expensive high speed auto focus cameras. Our Human Visual system receives data constantly and is able to decode it nearly instantaneously. With our field of view being 170 degrees, and our fine focus being nearly 30 degrees, our eyes are still more advanced than even the most advanced visual technology in existance today."

theres no difference in the character's running speed at 60fps vs 100fps lol

look up something called frame skip

u miss interpret what i meant
by running slower i meant more frames pass u buy with a very little altercation on the image

I've found that I can see a difference between 60 and 85 FPS in Quake3 or CS. But it's only really noticeable if you play at 85 for 10 minutes, then cap it at 60 with your refresh rate still at 85. Play at 60 for a while though, and you'll stop noticing in no time.

When it comes to single player shooters, my standard is 35+ FPS.
Multiplayer though, I'll go insane if it's below 50. I don't care how playable you think 40FPS is, I simply can't stand playing UT3 because of the frame rate. It screws with your ability to aim, big time.

I need a new computer.

I've found that I can see a difference between 60 and 85 FPS in Quake3 or CS. But it's only really noticeable if you play at 85 for 10 minutes, then cap it at 60 with your refresh rate still at 85. Play at 60 for a while though, and you'll stop noticing in no time.

When it comes to single player shooters, my standard is 35+ FPS.
Multiplayer though, I'll go insane if it's below 50. I don't care how playable you think 40FPS is, I simply can't stand playing UT3 because of the frame rate. It screws with your ability to aim, big time.

I need a new computer.

u get lower than 50 fps with ur main system?!

Back
Top Bottom