Crysis and Warhead and Directx 10

Deathbank

In Runtime
I bought crysis and crysis warhead the other day and then upon the first boot up of the game. It gives me a windowed loading screen thats all black followed by a not responding signal after about 30 seconds. I close out and try it again, it works and blah blah blah. Then about 2 hours into it, it crashes saying not responding again. It occasionally does this and then I get to the very end boss fight where it just freezes. So I watch the ending on youtube and don't even finsih the last boss fight. I move on to warhead.

I freshly installed it tonight, then same thing, window mode loading screen in black, 30 seconds but it actually loads this time. Well I played it for about 3 hours and then it freezes up. I've been reading on google and various other sources about fixes for this and I have only seem to come up with one effective one. Switch the game to run directx 9 instead of Dx10. Question is, in my noobiness, how do you do this? Or is there another problem im aware of? Im also running 64 bit Vista which I here is a big majority of the problem since the original version of warhead supposedly only saves games in a 32 bit format? Whats that about? Once again, thanks for the help :)

I'm not sure that you can switch Vista back to Dx9...without a hack, that is. You might want to check your video card's drivers and make sure that they are up to date and further more than your card is Dx10 capable. I'm fairly sure it would be if it ran at all. But you never know with computers. Also make sure that your card is in the proper slot on your computer. Could cause some function about the card to not function properly.

Switch the game to run directx 9 instead of Dx10. Question is, in my noobiness, how do you do this?
It should be in the video options in game. Unless they've changed that with a recent patch
Im also running 64 bit Vista which I here is a big majority of the problem since the original version of warhead supposedly only saves games in a 32 bit format?
Not a problem, I'm running Vista 64 and the game is perfect for me.

My best bet would be there is something wrong with your video card drivers. Did you install them off the CD? If yes, the problem is that you're running outdated drivers.
Go to AMD's website and download the latest. (9.4 I think)
Then perform this procedure:
- Remove the drivers through Control Panel/Add-remove programs
- Reboot into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper (select ATi- Display)
- Reboot again and install the new drivers.

Well i've downloaded and installed the lastest drivers off of the ati/amd website and when i bring up the left 4 dead game, it says i might run into errors because my driver "appear out of date" and could cause problems. Well i've installed the latests drivers even from steams recommended site. So not only does crysis and crysis warhead not respond, and stop loading sometimes, and frequently crash, L4D isn't recognizing my driver fully AND fallout3 will crash sometimes. Whats up?

Back
Top Bottom