Crysis 2

I also just got it but haven't played it yet.
Looked through the menu after installation, but I couldn't find any option for adjustment of graphics..just a simple one-click selection that I've set at 'Extreme'..hopefully my GTX570 should be able to handle it.

I also just got it but haven't played it yet.
Looked through the menu after installation, but I couldn't find any option for adjustment of graphics..just a simple one-click selection that I've set at 'Extreme'..hopefully my GTX570 should be able to handle it.

im pretty sure your 570 will handle it with solid 60fps, it runs far smoother than Crysis does

Thats the one thing I hate most is the crappy limited graphic options, it doesnt even allow you to select AA ffs and other stuff which almost everything pc game has got, even Spore has got more diverse graphic options... I thought they would have respected pc gamers a little more

ive got this on the PS3 and I think this game is great. the first movie scene is great

Not a fan of the sequel, the first game was much better. With it now on consoles it's been dumbed down and is just another generic shooter, the large open and lush environments in the first game is what made Crysis..Crysis. Crytek also upset a lot of PC gamers by lying and claiming the PC version was being developed separately from console and it wouldn't suffer from consolitis, it would be a different experience. Turns out, the PC version is one of the poorest ports that has a severe case of consolitis. Press start, limited graphics options, inability to tweak, lack of a console, aim assist all reeks of a terrible console port. Now Crysis is just another generic Call of Duty with a nano suit.

I swear Crysis 2 is running better on my rig (yes the same one still ><) than the original did! Awesome game, but I'm really starting to get tired of these DRMs...

I swear Crysis 2 is running better on my rig (yes the same one still ><) than the original did! Awesome game, but I'm really starting to get tired of these DRMs...
Like previously mentioned, it obtained consolitis. The textures are half the resolution of the first and the destroyable environment is non-existant.

im pretty sure your 570 will handle it with solid 60fps, it runs far smoother than Crysis does

Thats the one thing I hate most is the crappy limited graphic options, it doesnt even allow you to select AA ffs and other stuff which almost everything pc game has got, even Spore has got more diverse graphic options... I thought they would have respected pc gamers a little more

So use the third party one. You can change a ton of stuff since they added console by default, allowing you to change system settings. Remember, it's a console port, don't expect native support for this thing called graphical options. :)

The original came out around 2007, this one around 2011 i mean 2005, whoops, 2011, what was i thinking when i said that? No wonder it plays better, it doesnlt require as demanding hardware. :)

Not a fan of the sequel, the first game was much better. With it now on consoles it's been dumbed down and is just another generic shooter, the large open and lush environments in the first game is what made Crysis..Crysis. [...]

I agree, Crysis was quite a challenge for me, Crysis II seemed much easier. I like the graphics better in the first version. Still, I did enjoy the game.

Back
Top Bottom