Crossfire question.

Fully Optimized
So can you put to cards of different models in crossfire. Like say could you put a 3870 in crossfire with a 4850? Thanks.

This has always been confusing. But look at number 5 here and then click on the combination options chart. In short, no I don't think you can pair them.

You can Crossfire two different models from the same family. For example, a HD 3850 and an HD 3870, but not an HD 3850 and an HD 4850.

I was just running tri-fire with an HD 4870 X2 and an HD 4850 a few days ago :D

You can Crossfire two different models from the same family. For example, a HD 3850 and an HD 3870, but not an HD 3850 and an HD 4850.

Cool. That's what I was wondering. Thanks.

And :D :D :D :D about that setup. ^^^^

WOw I should try that on my next build coming soon :) I got two 4870 X2's in Crossfire, and I have a 4850 in my other machine...hmmm thanks for the idea! :eek:

Yeah like Worship said as long as they are in the same family you will be all set but you wouldn't be able to crossfire the 2 cards you specified.

@ Jikifreak I always get so sad when I look at your Sig. Just imagining what a computer of that capability can do just really makes me want to cry.

I still have the second HD 4870 X2 sitting here as I'm still waiting on my new PSU. Hopefully it works as well as the first and I can get Tri-fire working again. I had the 4850 clocked up to the X2's clock speed and I don't think the memory was that much of a bottleneck (It works fine at 2200MHz). It was definitely faster than the single HD 4870 X2, that's for sure. And I was only running CF in 16x + 4x mode.

EDIT: Sold the first for 345 euros. Bought it for 30. :D

@ Jikifreak I always get so sad when I look at your Sig. Just imagining what a computer of that capability can do just really makes me want to cry.

Yeah. :( :( :(

I still have the second HD 4870 X2 sitting here as I'm still waiting on my new PSU. Hopefully it works as well as the first and I can get Tri-fire working again. I had the 4850 clocked up to the X2's clock speed and I don't think the memory was that much of a bottleneck (It works fine at 2200MHz). It was definitely faster than the single HD 4870 X2, that's for sure. And I was only running CF in 16x + 4x mode.

EDIT: Sold the first for 345 euros. Bought it for 30. :D

I'm so mad at you.

Back
Top Bottom