Hi!
Well i got my new rig a week ago and heres the setup:

Mobo: Asrock M3A790GXH/128m
HDD: 500GB Samsung something
CPU: Phenom x4 955 Black Edition
GPU: Two Gainwards HD4850 512m "Goes like hell edition"
RAM: 4GB OCZ Golden Edition 1800mhz
And for power: OCZ 600W ModXStream PRO

So as happy as i was to try Crossfire technology in action... When i got the computer and opened CCC (0.96v), pressed "crossfire option" but wtf, in the dropdown menu theres only one "Hd 4800 series" BUT theres a message that crossfire is enabled and it runs cool. So i thought "Maybe it just show one of the cards..

But to be sure i downloaded GPU-Z 0.3.4 Which is a gfx card monitoring utility. When i opened it it showed both cards and both got all the readings (THO, i saw that one of them was hotter the the other..)

After that, i forgot the problem about CCC showing only 1 gfx card. But when i read a review about a crossfire setup i saw a picture of the guys CCC, and INDEED his CCC showed 2x cards in the dropdown menu.

Now heres a pic of what my computer shows my about my gfx.
nr 1 is what it shows me when i right click on CCC (the third and fourth "hd 4850 has the same options as the second)

nr 2 and 3 are infos and dropdowns from CC

nr 4 is the graph utility

Heres a pic of the review CCC

Now my question is: Is my crossfire working? SHould ccc just show one of the cards but still tell that xfire is working? Is it configured right?

Thanks
Boldie

When I have crossfire enabled with two 4870s, I only show one 4870 in the CCC drop down menu. If you want to be sure, test the performance with crossfire enabled and disable. I see about a 13-14 percent difference at 1680 x 1050.

1. Run 3DMark Vantage/06/whatever with CF disabled.
2. Run it again with CF enabled.

Did your score increase?

My score doubled. Almost exactly with 50%, that tells it all... Thanks alot.

One more question? I got the "Gainward (goes like hell)" hd 4850. When i go to gainwards webpage and search for drivers for my card it tells me that their updated and their newest version maches mine. But when i go to ATI, theres a newer version of drivers for "sapphire hd4850"... So, are the drivers for a sapphire 4850 and gainward 4850 the same? Can i install the newer version from ATI?

Yes, they are. Always install from ATi's site, they will always have the latest drivers.

Back
Top Bottom