cross o.s. download ?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i have a strange question. i had to do a system restore on my daughters computer last night. it runs Windows 7 Professional. it has run thru the night trying to update. which i don't think is happening at all. there is very little activity in the l.e.d. that displays activity. i know the computer is connected to the internet and transferring data. it just doesn't seem to be getting much from Microsoft Update. is there a way i can download the updates she needs to one of my windows 10 computers, burn them to a disc, and install them that way?

no, the reinstall disk says nothing about SP1 on it. thanks for the info on the slow update fixes. i will try those first, and if it starts going at a speed slightly faster than a tortoise pulling a Cadillac, i might let it finish on its own. i hope she has learned THIS TIME about quick click downloads. but @ 12 years old, i would not bet the farm on it.

well, i stand corrected. it IS SP1. i made a note on the disk so i know next time. now to do some downloading and implanting. hopefully these will cure it.

Back
Top Bottom