creative zen touch PROBLEMS!!

solamisandwich

Solid State Member
well i finally decided to splurge and do away with cds and go for an mp3. i bought a creative zen touch(20gb) and tried to use the install cd. the creative logo appears fashiously then the programs stalls. It doesnt exactly jam or be considered "not responding" (as in task manager) but it simply wont show any links or buttons that say install or anything except the "x" in the upper right and some left/right arrows that dont do anything. so i decided to manually install by exploring the cd. found the drivers, installed them successfully, they dont work. go to www.creative.com and download the approapriate drivers for my op system (WIndows xp x64 edition), get them installed, they dont work. Do the same to install the NOMAD thing from creative, finally installed it, it dont work. BAH!!! NOTHING IS WORKING! I might also mention that when i plug my zen into the usb it does the "Duh-Ding!" sound and shows up on the task bar, then disappears when i click on it. Also it will not show up in MY Computer as a seperate drive or as a Creative Zen or anything. IT SHOWS NOTHING!!! Its as if god or zues or whoever doesnt want this stupid thing to work! why does god hate me? It makes me want to take up aetheism. i can feel it! :mad:

Contact creative's help service. This seems really wierd...

Or take it back to the store and trade it for a Creative Zen Vision:M...

Yeah, looks like a fault with the player itself.

As for it connecting via USB, it needs the Creative software to respond properly with the PC I believe.

For the Zen Vision M though, you can't really do stuff with the device without it. Video converting for example, and sometimes, my USB without the software doesn't see the player, so I'm forced to use it to add music to it.

Doesn't bother me, but I'd rather it be a free device.

My friends had 5 Ipods breaking as well...its not just Creative that has problems you know.

I hate ipods. Not for the usual reasons I just don't like the firmware. My friends get lag looking through their music...

you should of gotten an ipod anyway! omfg! ipods are da shiznit! i hate apple though...but the ipod is the best!

Back
Top Bottom