Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
I have a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 Live! card

First of all let me say, I hate creative/sound blaster software, it's been buggy ever since I installed it years ago. Since it was OEM, the software disc doesn't even detect it on the system; I have to install all the drivers and software manually. This was annoying, but I didn't think too much about it.

This new set of issues, though, is really starting to affect me though. When using Creative Surround Mixer, the program supplied with my card, I can't change from 2/2.1 speaker setup to 5.1 like I used to be able to. Not sure why this happened, but it just started out of the blue. Here's a pic: the "2/2.1" rectangular box next to "Speakers" used to open a drop down menu when clicked, now it doesn't at all...simply stuck on "2/2.1".

surmix1.jpg

Another function stopped working also. Typically, when I uncheck the "Digital Output Only" box, it changes from digital output to normal output. My desktop speakers are hooked up to the digital output, while my headphones are hooked up to the normal output. This was great to have because by checking or unchecking the box, I could alternate between my 5.1 digital desktop speaker system and my headphones.

No idea why these 2 functions stopped working, I tried installing new drivers, then tried uninstalling the device completely and reinstalling the original drivers that came with the CD, as well as the original Surround Mixer software as well; no go. I'm hoping maybe someone has had some experience w/this issue and can comment - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom