• The Final Cut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wish You Were Here

• Division Bell

• P.U.L.S.E

• The Wall Live ~ Is There Anybody Out There?

• Echoes (The Best Of)

• Other (As you can only have 10 options!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecniv

<a href="http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f109/foldin
Its been some time since we had a contoversial off-topic discussion, so I figured I would start one I have much interest in.

It has long been debated as to whether life was brought into being by a greater force, or by random circumstance.

Contrary to popular belief, there are a number of SCIENTIFIC ways to argue for creationism, so I would prefer if we stick to arguments along that line.

I am interested to hear some thoughts and feelings on either side of the fence, but I feel compelled at the outset to remind everyone a few things:

1. There is NO right or wrong. No one here will be able to give 100% PROOF of either side. We can only give evidence and opinion.

2. These discussions can get heated, there is no need to resort to name calling, berating, or attacking someones person or belief.

3. Remember that this is a privately owned forum and the rules of the admin MUST be followed. The admin and mods may decide to lock this thread if things get out of hand. So lets keep it clean and easy going.

Well, what is your opinion? Someone needs to get this topic rolling!

So lets go farther back. Where did those life forms come from? What caused the earth to form? Do you believe in the Big Bang?

Here is another problem with the Big Bang.

There is a Law of physics (The name escapes me, lemme know if you find it) that states that if an object is spinning rapidly, and other objects break from it in mid-spin... then those objects will be spinning in the same direction, IE clockwise or counter clockwise. The Big Bang theory states that all the matter in the universe condensed into something the size of a pen point, spinning at incredible speeds. and then exploded, sending out all the matter in the universe. Problem is, we have already found planets in THIS solar system, that spin....... Backwards.

Sounds like a fatal flaw in that theory.

Wel, there I disagree. We have a well kept, historical record of early life on this planet in the bible. I believe that all the references in the bible to the creation of the earth and the path it took can be scientifically evidenced.

Just to steer the conversation in a good direction, Im going to use the Existence of Dinosaurs. Scientists believe that no human being was ever alive to see a living dinosaur. Because the earth is Millions of years old, etc, etc.

Incorrect, I believe the earth is roughly 6000 years old. And man at one time walked with dinosaur. You see, in Genesis, the bible talks about a firmament of water between the heavens and the earth. Think of this as what it says. A canopy of water completely encircling the planet. Somewhat like a greenhouse.
When something like that is in place it would black damaging UV light from the sun and purify earths air supply. Making things grow much larger and live much longer. (Did you know that Adam lived to be 930?)
When the flood came, The firmament rained down to earth, exposing us to all the bad things that were being kept in by the 'green house'. People began to live shorter life spans and did not get as large. Same with dinosaurs. They are still here, just not as big. (Except a few that it seems lived through the flood.) ;)

LOL, exactly my theory, I dont believe that a Meteor wiped them out, but rather a great, world-wide flood.
You see, God told Noah to take 2 of every "Kind" on the ark. He did not say Species. So of course, noah takes the Little dinosaurs. The rest of the poor guys drowned. :(

Well as far as proof of Adam living to be taht old, there is no real proof, just evidence, which is what I stated about the Canopy of water that sorrounded the earth.

By the way, scientists have found skeletons of people upwards of 12 feet tall.

hehe, they are still there:

On November 16, 1970, this 50 foot long carcass washed ashore in Situate Harbor, Massachusetts in the middle of the night. Before it could be safeguarded and studied, a crowd had gathered and mutilated the body. Many of those who saw it felt it was a sea monster.

Scituate.jpg

And that is just one of many accounts of sea monsters.

Check out this link:

http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=articles&specific=15

Sometimes the biggest argument against the ark is the size of the creatures that Noah stowed onboard. However, the Bible doesn't say that he took adult animals. Could they have been the young?

An interesting snippet: According to the Bible, Noah took 2 of every kind, male and female, but he took 7 of every "clean" kind of animal.

Some also speculate that the animals in the ark hybernated, which would answer the feeding part. If they didn't hybernate, not only would there have to be lots of food, but poor Noah and his family would have to do lots of shoveling, if you know what I mean. And with only one window!

Dave :D

He may not have taken that many anyway. 2 of every kind is just that possibly. 2 birds, 2 horses, 2 lizards, 2 snakes, etc. etc.

With the size the ark would have been, it wouldnt have been too hard.

Of course, he had 7 sheep to help him get to sleep at night, plus the rocking of the ark. :)

I agree that he might not have taken every type of every kind. Very possible.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom