Creating a Youtube Player for the Developmentally Disabled

djasek12

Beta member
Hello, I am a member of a student group at my university that helps local non-profits with engineering projects. One of our projects is to make a Youtube player with a few large simple buttons that can be plugged into a hdmi port and automatically start playing Youtube videos from some channel when powered on.

A Raspberry Pi was the first logical choice for this project, but the 2nd gen Pi that we got had a lot of trouble even playing a Youtube video consistently in the Epiphany browser , and the page would often have a glitch (two videos playing, the play button won't go away from the middle of the screen, etc.)

Does anyone have any ideas for where we could go from here- either with another workable solution with the Pi or some other kind of hardware (another competitor to the Pi, or even a modded Chromecast?)

Thank you!

Hello, I am a member of a student group at my university that helps local non-profits with engineering projects. One of our projects is to make a Youtube player with a few large simple buttons that can be plugged into a hdmi port and automatically start playing Youtube videos from some channel when powered on.

A Raspberry Pi was the first logical choice for this project, but the 2nd gen Pi that we got had a lot of trouble even playing a Youtube video consistently in the Epiphany browser , and the page would often have a glitch (two videos playing, the play button won't go away from the middle of the screen, etc.)

Does anyone have any ideas for where we could go from here- either with another workable solution with the Pi or some other kind of hardware (another competitor to the Pi, or even a modded Chromecast?)

Thank you!

Did you try KODI/XBMC?

Back
Top Bottom