Creating A Guest Book

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Well i wonna add a guest book to my mates website,

thing is i have no experience in this area at all, anyone have a site i can read up on it about ??

or any premade scripts / code i could adapt ?

what about using some kinda forum software and adapting that ???

any input apreciated.

well i have been searching for a while and it seems everyone wants to link to an outside site,

i was kinda hoping for a script for the submit button and maybe 2 text box's is possible, then i could create my own web page and jus add the button and text box

ok ive been doing some more research and im wondering if its at all possible, but heres my theory.

i have no idea about php programming but i no a lil bit about visual basic ................. bare with me here i am going somewhere with this.

ok basicly is there a php way of saying.

code for a button or even text, then a hyperlink, or php link whateva that may be, to sya.

document.write="comments.txt"

and then a way of a bit further down the page, document.show="comments.txt"

basicly i have no idea what im talking about but is that even remotely possible ? do i really have to go the long way and learn php in detail ??

There are plenty about, have a look at some free scripts sites such as hotscripts for a php/perl guestbook.

Or you could have a go at writing one yourself, its basically a html form and then a script handler that writes to variables to a file and then the main guestbook page just reads the file and prints the data.

Back
Top Bottom