Creating a gmail account without entering a phone number?

alucard10

Baseband Member
How come when when I try to make a new gmail account on a smart phone it requires a phone number ,but when I do it on my laptop it has let me make many throwaway accounts without giving a cell number?

I know you can make multiple accounts with the same phone number, but when I did it on my laptop I was not logged into my real gmail account and I did not type in the cell number associated with my real account. I did not type in any phone number at all it just let me skip the phone number verification altogether.

pete.i

Daemon Poster
How come when when I try to make a new gmail account on a smart phone it requires a phone number ,but when I do it on my laptop it has let me make many throwaway accounts without giving a cell number?

I know you can make multiple accounts with the same phone number, but when I did it on my laptop I was not logged into my real gmail account and I did not type in the cell number associated with my real account. I did not type in any phone number at all it just let me skip the phone number verification altogether.

ERR because you are doing it on a cell phone? Why bother anyway just do it on your laptop if you don't want them to have your phone number. I would seriously encourage people NOT to give these people any more means of spamming you anyway.

AMD_man

Fully Optimized
The way I understand it is that you can do the opposite. You can't create Google accounts on a computer without providing a phone number. When you do it on a smartphone, you do.

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
The only thing you need is to use your user name and password. It don't matter if its a phone, tablet or computer. I never have had to use a phone number. Even on the 4K tv i just sign in to you tube with my user name and password.

AMD_man

Fully Optimized
The only thing you need is to use your user name and password. It don't matter if its a phone, tablet or computer. I never have had to use a phone number. Even on the 4K tv i just sign in to you tube with my user name and password.

That's not really true. Maybe you have an old account, but when creating one (from a web browser at least) you are asked for a phone number and cannot skip it.

Attachments

• 2019-04-15 00_00_14-Create your Google Account.jpg
    2019-04-15 00_00_14-Create your Google Account.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1

jeangreen745

Banned

I am asked for a phone number on a laptop as well

timbow1

Beta member
They send you an activation code as a text message, that is why they need the phone number

ryreidly

Solid State Member
If Gmail makes it difficult for you to register, try ProtonMail. It does not require a phone number to verify, but it's a privacy-focused email service. They can provide encryption for your messages.

Registering your ProtonMail account is a three-step process that takes less than a minute.

Choose your username and domain (protonmail.com or protonmail.ch). Create a password
Add a backup email address if you wish (if you need to restore your account). You don't need to enter your name to get a ProtonMail account. As a last resort, you can use a temp phone number.

Top Bottom