Creating a bootable Memtest86 disc

I need help Creating a bootable Memtest86 disc

I've seen this done but i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I'm not positive but some errors i'm getting lead me to believe my ram is messed up. I've download the iso version of memtest86 I don't have a floppy drive. It says to extract the file which I did. I then went into the folder and found the memtest.iso and burnt it to a cd. I then restarted my computer and tried to boot it from the cd. It does nothing then goes to windows after a few seconds. What am I doing wrong?

i'm pretty sure you need a program to burn the iso to a cd but im not 100% sure on that.

edit - actually the program you have may work but you has to have a "burn image" type function. For instance my Nero burning program has this. The important thing is that it's not the same as just simply burning the file on a disk.

yes, buring an image works great for cd's like that. or when burning a saved CD copy to a new CD and still have all the functionality (unless the original had safe CD on it.)

as a good rule of thumb, if it has an auto-play or is a bootable CD, burn an image of the file.

Back
Top Bottom