Create an XP cluster with diskless nodes

azimuthdragon

Beta member
I hope this is the right forum to post this in, if not, I apologize.

I have a Pentium 4 Windows XP Home PC with 1.34 gigs of RAM in it. I like the computer a lot, but it's not as fast when rendering my fractals as I would like, so I want to take three other old PC's I acquired and use them as diskless nodes in a computer cluster with my Pentium 4 PC as the master node. I want to harness the processors from the other three PC's to make apps on the XP Home PC to go faster. Here's what I have in the setup:

3 old computers with Pentium II processors (Less than 100mb ram in each)

1 newer Pentium 4 computer with 1.34 gigs of RAM

I have monitors and whatever, and I want to make the three olders PC's diskless nodes, that boot from a floppy disk or CD that serve under the master Windows XP Home node. My question is essentially this:

What do I need to download and do in order to create a four-node cluster with Windows XP Home as the master node, and the other three nodes run without a disk so that I can utilize their processing power on the master XP node?

I don't care what the older PC's run on, I just want them to work as basically just more hardware for the Pentium 4 PC running Windows XP. I don't want to buy anything if I have to, so I would prefer any free solutions anyone would offer. I have done some research on this topic, and I can't really ask questions with Google, so I figured I'd just post my question here.

Back
Top Bottom