crazy temp blackouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

Baseband Member
somtimes when im running a game and or just trying to run simple processes . . the comp will go all black for like . .idk 1/2-1 sec then it comes back on but w/e i was doing that application has now been cancled. . is this some type of safe feature or somthing . . or is this like my video card saying thats to much ?. . ne help on this would b appreciated . ty 4 all who post. .

Usually the black screen means that your video card is switching between display modes.

Most games run around 800x600 while most default setups are at 1024x768, so when you want to play the game your vid card has to change to the smaller res.

I'm not sure why the application would close, other than if it's trying to switch to a reolution that your vid card can't handle, but it should pop up an error telling you that.

What game are you trying to play?

it happens when i play ut2k4 and cs . . i was thinking of getting a new video card anyway . .

lol ok . . so i should just go ahead and get a new video card . . ty 4 the help i was just kinda wonderin wut that was . ttyl o0o and thx again

I've never experienced the black screen, but I have had the computer stop displaying the desktop then abort all applications whenever I max out on CPU usage and/or memory for too long. Games take a lot of both.

Since it's the video card that's probably doing the aborting, that would explain the black screen. I don't know how to monitor resource usage on a video card, but I would advise you to do so to see if you're simply overtaxing your video card.

ok . . ty 4 the advice.. as a heads up . i run a pci express x16 graphics inrterface . . is that really crapy ??!!? . .

hsould i get platform drivers or graphics drivers ?? . . if theres ne difference in there . . lol . . im so cunfused . . lol i guess i gotta learn sumtime . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom