Crazy cooling idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_PC

In Runtime
Basically after getting my PC, my room started getting hot. Well now its getting into summer its roasting in here and the main heat source is the PC. I was thinking of running a 120mm dust extraction pipe from the 120mm fan on the back of my PC(there is only 1) out the nearby window, so most of the heat will go outside.

What problems could i face? Will the airflow be restricted severly by the pipe, and all the heat will just stay in the case? I have no idea how I will attach it yet.

Heres a link to the type of pipe I will be using:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/15/product-Clear-Extraction-Hose-22321.htm

You may want to know that my case is a thermaltake shark. Im also open to any other suggestions people may have.

It mite work? you could cut the pipe say every 50cm and put a fan in to keep the flow going?

sounds like more hassle than its worth to me but if you have the time and money why not!?

Incidently though, i know exactly what you mean, my pc is in my medium sized bedroom and it gets really hot and stuffy in the day because of my pc and then come night time i cant sleep because its so hot! i need air con!

It'll work. You might want to put another fan on the far end to facilitate the air transfer.

Wrapping the pipe is a good idea as well. Heat will pass through the plastic... not as bad as what you have now, but it will radiate from it.

That's a great idea. Although I think if you have it too powerful then it will suck your parts outside :p

:cool: I dont think It will be that powerfull. ill try and get some pipe and a fan soon(If my parents let me) and Ill let you know the results.

Yeah, that's why I gripe when the AC isn't turned on in the afternoons because my room gets heated a LOT by my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom