Crappy Christmas Presents....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
It's that time of the year again, and I am sure that there has been some Christmas's where some you might be giving a loved one the latest gadget or dodah or what ever. However in return you get some thing where you are thinking "Oh you shouldn't of have." Polite :) followed by :( :( :( :( :(

Yes, I know that there is the saying "But it's the thought that counts." However this really falls into. "Why did you even bother!?!?!"

A notebook. We are not talking about a computer here. We are just talking about a book with pages of blank paper. What made it more insulting was that it was from one of my relatives in the USA. I could of walked up to the local shops for this, however this one was posted from USA to Australia. I think they spent more on the postage stamps.

$10 instant lottery ticket. This was not too bad as I managed to win $2. Just give me the $10 next time.

However i have to say that I did give some one a useless Christmas present. My housemate had his living work with shelves of transformer figures. What annoyed him was that people would walk/rum/stomp/skip/etc in this room causing the a random amount of transformer toys to fall over. He also had a play station 2. So I picked him up a Playstation 2 Dancing mat. He did not make the connection with that until he tried using it one later on that day.

So what have been some of the crappiest Christmas presents you have gotten over the years....

$5 gift cards to stores, that costs me $10 or more in gas to get to just to use it. I HATE when people do that, or gift cards in general.

One that gets me is Money, OK I am a capatlist but when a close family member who you spent ages getting a gift for gives you £50 in a card it seems like oh yea I love you but cant be bothered getting you a gift even something as simple as a cigar or Scotch.

One year I unwrapped an ugly as all sin windbreaker. Pretended to like it but I obviously was dying inside. My mom was laughing hysterically.

Well taped to the bottom of the bag was the real present I was later told after minutes of moping. Disneyland tickets. I almost cried not sure if it was cause it was a great gift or the emotional trauma of almost getting a teal hand-me-down jacket.

Anyway,
Puzzles and random toys. Hate it. I don't want a Rubiks Cube. I got one.

this wasn't so much crappy as it was disappointing.

a few years ago around Christmas my parents were looking through a bunch of magazines, and i just flipped through one about clothing or something. it had a couple of those pages that advertise perfume/colognes and the page smelled of the one being advertised. i flipped to one that i liked more than the others, but it wasn't anything i would go all crazy about. but my parents i guess took it as a hint or something...

so come christmas day, what do i get from them... the cologne from the magazine (which cost like $65 for a small amount, about the size of an apple), but my younger brother gets an ipod nano... >.>

Socks.

Underwear (jockeys, too small... I wear boxers).

Popcorn tins (those cans you buy for $5 that have plain, butter flavored, and caramel popcorn in them).

Cheap summer sausage "gift" sets (taste like greasy rat meat).

Cheap cologne "gift" sets (I buy what I want to wear).

Any pre-wrapped cheapo "gift" from whatever bi-box retailer.

A stocking filled with Vienne sausages, peppermints, cheese crackers, small jar of fig preserves, and three boxes of matches (I kid you not...).

Trotter, is that the same stuff you got while you were here in south ga ?
Because all that stuff you named is what I've gotten when I was a young teen.
Crappiest gifts I have gotten atleast twice was from girl friend kristy and my mother.
Kristy before we started officialy going out got me a gift, I got her a beautiful day and night treatment cream and bath set.
The woman was quite estatic she did't know what to say, she handed me a white mug and 2 pieces of chocolate ?
She ran off to another class, I didn't speak to her for the next 3 weeks but she called looking for me a month later...

My mother every christmast gets it wrong and she keeps getting worse at it, she tried to buy me some new computer parts to go with my intel celeron dual core a few years back...
Five days later I was the one on the phone talking to best buy customer service begging them to take back what my mother bought.

These days I really just prefer I get her a gift cook dinner before christmas and that will be my gift.

I always get a food item as a joke present. One year my parents got my best friend coconuts (he was living with us at the time) and we had to try the milk before we got our other gifts... That stuff is absolutely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom