Craigslist Scammer Goes All Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
I saw this on the news the other night and was like WOW. This guy went through a lot to pull this off.

Swindlers and con-men using Craigslist to rob people is nothing new. But this latest case out of Fridley may take the cake.

KSTC-TV, Channel 45 | Con man uses Craigslist and Fridley pizza shop to steal $6400

Today in the Paper they had a story that the investigation was leading to all dead ends and they are closing the case.

Id be soooo mad if i got screwed like that. But then again i would never pay someone that much for something i couldn't leave with. but yet it probably looked somewhat legitimate.

This is nothing. There was someone on craigslist that was using someone elses closed savings account to write dozens (that we'd heard at least) of draft checks for $3k+ a piece. Something about paying others for work or whatever.

i don't get it. how did this guy have enough time to break in, change the locks, put the stuff up for sale and have people come look at em? were the real owners on vacation or something? surely something like that takes a day or two or more, where the owners would have obviously noticed that they couldn't open up their own place.

Actusally, you could set it up before hand... Wait till they had buyers, then break in on an off time, just intime to meet the buyer.

I seen a scam show on the bbc, where they setup a car for sale. Then they had scamed their way into a house that the owners were away. Using a lock smith and a pretty face. When the buyer for the car came over, he gave them the money. A fake cop "busted" in and arested the seller for car thef who had the sellers moneyt. Told the buyer to wait in the house, and then the cop and seller basically took off leaving the scamed buyer in someone else house, with no money

lol there is a god fathers in my old town, they make good pizza :D

he obvi posted it up before breaking in, set up a meeting with the customer after hours, like most restaurant owners selling equipment would do, broke in changed the lock met the customer sold it to him peaced out, next morning owner comes in and there are movers. to me this would have been exactly what had occurred. It couldnts have worked unless he had the add up and broke in once a buyer was found with a meetign set up after hours. god fathers closes erlie to, they generally close at 9-12 any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom