Cpu

how fast will a CPU burn out if have NO heatsink or fan on it

i forgot to do this on a 600mhz intel a while ago and now it run. i only had it on for 2min. just curious

hmm they should have sorted the termal monitoring/diode before releasing them , that could be dangerous to the user cos of fire

some of the old cpus can run fine without heatsinks. But modern cpus, well prohably around 20 seconds before they overheat.

lol, the 600Mhz have thermal detection? I had no idea , But yeah thats no big deal unless you are gaming or stressing it you can run it for about 10 minutes before it gets real hot. Still I wouldn't push that just buy a heat sink the thing. :D

im not trying to do anything booted it w\o while troubleshooting it then pulled the plug 2min. later now it wont work dont really care tho

ive ran a k6(66mhz :p) no heatsink fan couldnt get it hot enough to burn out eventually i ran prime 95 on it LOL eventually i got it to overheat....measaured it at 95 C still running before it windows crash and the BEEEEP got annoying after a second so i pulled the plug....still works.....

Back
Top Bottom