CPU temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I posted a thread before about how the CPU temp goes up some days and down on others, and somebody said something about it not ever being able to be cooler than the room if I am using fans. Right now my room is about 85 F (it is a very hot day and we've not got air conditioning) which is equal to about 30 c. Why is my CPU temp at 50 c today!? Should it go up that much? On a cooler day it is generally about 35 c or so. (these are all idle temps)

It happens sometimes on hot days. One day, my went to 61 C! I took the side panel off, and went down to 47C. Take the side panel off, it'll help alot.

I find that for every degree C my room temperature goes up, the CPU temperature goes up more than 1 degree, nearer 2. The hotter it gets the bigger the jump from room to CPU temperature.

On really hot days, I take the front panel off my pc, as I have a fan on my side panel, so it is too awkward to take off.

Thanks guys... I got it down to 42 for today anyway (I also have a side fan, but apparently it doesn't help bunches on hot days like this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom