CPU Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
Okay, so at first while my CPU was overclocked, the temp was around 38 c idle and under load it was about 46 c. It seems to be rising over time. Now, my idle temp is around 43 c and load is 50 c or so. Any ideas why it is rising? Could it be that way if I put too much thermal gel on or does it just happen over time when overclocking and it'll eventually level out?

you could try a new heatsink, usually stock ones arn't efficiant after overclocking, i may be wrong. but im trying to help anyways.

Yeah, I have a Thermaltake Silent Boost K8. I know it isn't the heatsink, it works good. It was doing great at first, but it just seems that over time my temp is going up. It still isn't above 50 c when idle, so until it gets there I'm not TOO worried, but I'd like to stop it before it gets that far.

Okay... worry time. At about half load the temp is above 50 c. About 51 c. Why does it keep going up day by day!?

Room temps from warmer weather... @$%@!#^&#%J*$

Why didn't I think of that!? That could very well be it.

wow...

You sound like me when my AC unit needs to be turned off and i forget its off.... Crappy thing starts blowing out hot air after 5 hours...... so i turn it off so the stuff in it gets back to normal..... then its freezing cold again once i turn it back on....

So it is agreed... warm weather can raise my CPU temp 10 c degrees? This isn't unheard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom