cpu temp

anuragtimothy

Beta member
my intel core i7 930 heats upto 70 degrees c. mb temp 52 degrees. i have a cooler master elite 335 chassis with 550 W psu. do i need to have another front or rear fan.

Use Real Temp to measure the temps.

You need to get fresh air into the case for the HSF, chipset and graphics card and you will also need adequate exhausting as well.

I wouldn't bother with the side fans/duct on that case. Just run a nice fan or two on the front of the case and an exhaust on the rear.

I've been using "speedfan" for years, another excellent utility for measuring CPP temp. (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php)

What fans are you using? Something the ones supplied by the case manufacturer default ones aren't particularly good ;P

I looked up the specs for the case and it doesn't have many fans really. If i'm honest its not the ideal case for that kins of CPU, and indeed PC. For an i7 you'd be much better off with something like a Coolmaster HAF X or and Antec 1200. What heatsink are you using btw? That makes a massive difference.

I've been using "speedfan" for years, another excellent utility for measuring CPP temp. (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php)

I don't recommend using Speedfan to monitor temps on an i7 CPU. It's just too complicated and might need setting up before you can use it properly.

What fans are you using? Something the ones supplied by the case manufacturer default ones aren't particularly good ;P

They might be nosier than decent after market fans but they are usually adequate for cooling non-overclocked rigs.

I looked up the specs for the case and it doesn't have many fans really. If i'm honest its not the ideal case for that kins of CPU, and indeed PC. For an i7 you'd be much better off with something like a Coolmaster HAF X or and Antec 1200. What heatsink are you using btw? That makes a massive difference.

Again the case is fine for non-overclocked rigs and even if the OP did decide to OC one nice intake and exhaust fan with a nice heatsink and fan will be fine.

The basic rule of thumb for air cooling is to have the same number of intake and exhaust fans. You need to have plenty of airflow inside the case so your cpu fan can blow it onto the processor.

I don't recommend using Speedfan to monitor temps on an i7 CPU. It's just too complicated and might need setting up before you can use it properly.

Speedfan is not at all complicated, download and it does everything. Been using it for years for testing set-ups.

With regards to the case, yes his case may be sufficient but you get a far better product lifetime span by using something like an antec 1200 than the coolmaster one he's using. Also, the antec 1200 is not that noisy at all, even with the default high-performance fans.

Yeah i had the same problem of my CPU getting too hot. Id play runescape and the temp would reach 84 degrees C,so i got the Cooler Master 212 Plus and did a prime 95 test at 100% CPU useage and it dont get over 51 degree C. So you might want to look into that cooler cause it is a good one. I just put mine on today and man i love it!!!! Hope this helps

The basic rule of thumb for air cooling is to have the same number of intake and exhaust fans. You need to have plenty of airflow inside the case so your cpu fan can blow it onto the processor.

This, at least. Although I like to have slightly more exhaust than intake.

my intel core i7 930 heats upto 70 degrees c. mb temp 52 degrees. i have a cooler master elite 335 chassis with 550 W psu. do i need to have another front or rear fan.

Was you stressing the rig to get these temps?

Back
Top Bottom